MATCH THREAD: Stoke City vs Everton - Sat 29th July - KO 3pm BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furey1878

Player Valuation: £70m
Everton travel to the bet365 Stadium tomorrow afternoon for the next leg of our glamorous tour of any club close enough to the M6 who would entertain a game against us.

Stoke will be in the final phase of their pre-season preparations before their 2023/24 Championship curtain raiser against Rotherham. The Potters are truly living up to there name, having meandered in Championship midtable obscurity since being relegated in 2018.

It's clear to anyone with a set of eyes that Everton are crying out for a new forward. Understandably, the travelling toffees who went to Bolton were disappointed to not see Danjuma play but even more disappointed and perhaps concerned that we could not stick a goal past a League One side. Granted, chances were created and the 2nd half was basically an U21 game. I must admit, I am starting to feel a bit sorry for Maupay (as much as you can feel sorry for a millionaire footballer), it just feels like he will never do anything right in an Everton shirt, all the while he is being hung out to dry even though the club have had years to sign a decent alternative to DCL. The club have 2 weeks to not roll the dice on DCL's fitness.

On a brighter note, some of the more senior players should be taking part here so let's hope for a more encouraging performance and perhaps even, dare I say, a goal or two.

Prediction: Stoke 1-2 Everton

1690550378190.png

1690550401015.png

1690550431911.png

Everton travel to the bet365 Stadium tomorrow afternoon for the next leg of our glamorous tour of any club close enough to the M6 who would entertain a game against us.

Stoke will be in the final phase of their pre-season preparations before their 2023/24 Championship curtain raiser against Rotherham. The Potters are truly living up to there name, having meandered in Championship midtable obscurity since being relegated in 2018.

It's clear to anyone with a set of eyes that Everton are crying out for a new forward. Understandably, the travelling toffees who went to Bolton were disappointed to not see Danjuma play but even more disappointed and perhaps concerned that we could not stick a goal past a League One side. Granted, chances were created and the 2nd half was basically an U21 game. I must admit, I am starting to feel a bit sorry for Maupay (as much as you can feel sorry for a millionaire footballer), it just feels like he will never do anything right in an Everton shirt, all the while he is being hung out to dry even though the club have had years to sign a decent alternative to DCL. The club have 2 weeks to not roll the dice on DCL's fitness.

On a brighter note, some of the more senior players should be taking part here so let's hope for a more encouraging performance and perhaps even, dare I say, a goal or two.

Prediction: Stoke 1-2 Everton

View attachment 219909
View attachment 219910
View attachment 219911
Two whole goals you say?

All eyes on whether DCL will be selected for this game. If he's not, that's rather concerning and speaks volumes about what to expect for the start of the season.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are holding him back for the Sporting game. If he doesn't play in that game though I would agree with the concern. He needs at least some pre-season game time, as do all players really.

What boozers are people going? Last time I went Stoke it was proper belting it down and Lennon was mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back