Matteo Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I remember him playing at left back the first time I saw him in a blue shirt.
He looked a class act to me the little I saw of him

The more i think about this the more i wonder if its right for him to come back a second time, there is no doubht we have progressed since hes been here, if memory serves me correctly Yobo was player of the season year in year out when he played for us in the last few seasons hes rarely had a shout. So overall i dont think he would stand out as much as before.

Personally though i was a fan first time around i would like to see us pick up someone younger either Stearman or Beevers and let them develop with us in to full internationals.

It will be intresting to see if Moyes goes for a centre back this summer, he usually likes to have four in the squad but i think if he signs one/or not it will tell us a lot of where he sees Rodwell developing in the future.

Ferrari was class. Looked a bit shaky on his debut against Arsenal at Left back but once he got a few games he really settled in and showed his qualities defensively and technically.

He is a ball playing centre half. His distribution was first class and it would certainly be better than the centre halfves currently at the club. His versatitility is also useful. He could play left, right and centre. Centre half was his best position but he's probably better than Nev and Hibbo at right back.

We should definatly look at taking him back.

I was a bit disappointed when we didn't sign him after the loan period. To get him on a free would be great. To my mind, he is precisely the type of player we should be looking at when it comes to Bosman moves. Would he want to come back here, though? I've got a feeling that after his last stint at Goodison, he'd be likely to reject a move by Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back