Matthew Pennington

Status
Not open for further replies.
His wiki page says there was a "reported" loan fee of 500k when he went to Leeds on loan. The source they cite is a Talksport show.

Don't know how true that is like.

.....academically very bright, a really good lad and from all reports a top professional. The decision to give him this last 3 year deal was a parting shot from Steve Walsh and a very strange decision that will have set the young man up for life.

i wish him all the very best and will take a wild shot & suggest he’ll be a top manager one day.

.....academically very bright, a really good lad and from all reports a top professional. The decision to give him this last 3 year deal was a parting shot from Steve Walsh and a very strange decision that will have set the young man up for life.

i wish him all the very best and will take a wild shot & suggest he’ll be a top manager one day.

Brilliant. Really came out of nowhere that one.

Brilliant. Really came out of nowhere that one.

....ha, ha, it did. The best managers are rarely the best players, we know Pennington is very bright, we also know he’s a really good professional who various managers talk well of. I imagine he‘s a ‘thinker about the game’ so it’s not such a wild prediction to forecast he’ll be a manager or coach in years to come.

Good luck to the lad, im sure if he could have his time again he wouldn't have signed the contract, but at the time he was prob looking at Ashley Williams thinking 'if hes playing regularly for Everton, I'm sure I can too'.

Status
Not open for further replies.