Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
A left footed forward player will be a good addition and much need tbh. At the moment it seems like we are trying to address the imbalances in the squad.

Hopefully get him, Gibbs-White and a DM and I’ll be happy with the direction we’ve gone in the window considering our financial constraints.

I think we need to get away from this idea that our entire gameplan should be crosses into DCL from players out on the touchline, like Benitez wanted.

It ain't gonna work, it's 2022.
Nothing wrong with playing to our strengths. The issue is making sure it doesn't become very one dimensional

Nothing wrong with playing to our strengths. The issue is making sure it doesn't become very one dimensional
Yeah exactly.

Tbf, Cornet's not a great crosser. But you don't need to be a great crosser to be pulling things back from close range which is actually what DCL thrives off, not hopeful crosses into the area from 40 yards away

I don't think he's terrible or anything, but this feels like another example of the squad being thrown together based on how easy/cheap a deal is.
Disagree. Don’t think it’s a matter of being thrown together, if he’s been identified as an addition we need (a left footed right winger we’ve needed for like, forever..) but we have to seek value when we have limited available funds.

Our mass spending on crap like Walcott, tosun, Siggurdsson. All was throwing players together.

And look where he's crossing from...

That's absolutely fine, that's what we should be doing. We shouldn't be wanting wingers who stand out on the touchline and lump them in from 40 yards away.
As someone else has put. We need to do both. Have a threat from a cross while having solid play through the middle. Issues arise when you only one plan or weapon in your Arsenal. Like Benitez did.

I think we need to get away from this idea that our entire gameplan should be crosses into DCL from players out on the touchline, like Benitez wanted.

It ain't gonna work, it's 2022.

Agreed but having no one who can cross it seems a bit counterproductive when you have probably the best cf in the league in the air mate

Slightly confused why, if we have £17m for an attacker, we didn't up our game for KLP.
KLP is very raw still...its more of a gamble and for sure he will become a very good player but not so sure that will be next season...plus we need left footed attacking player for more balance

Status
Not open for further replies.