Media attempts to 'undermine' EFC - Media one stop shop

How many seperate links to our players leaving will their be until the new transfer window opens

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We beat Arsenal, Wenger cries about our loan players and our "unfair" use of an "unfair loan system".... Sunday, Monday and Tuesday London-based newspapers run with stories:
  • Stones to Chelsea
  • Lukaku to Spurs
  • McCarthy to Man U
  • Coleman to Arsenal/Man U
  • Barkley to Liverpool
  • Martinez to Barcelona
  • Baines to Man U (Moyes still in the job)

3 days, 7 rumours... coincidence? We lose to Palace tuesday night! London media dont want Everton in Champions League - the media hate us.

View attachment 897
Just seen this picture on my whatsapp. Bursted out in laughter. Why would even the most insane manager in the top 8 of the Premier League leave for the Dutch league? And I don't see Martinez as the slightest insane.
Yeah, logic isn't their strong suit is it?
So Frank de Boer thinks it is a good move to leave Ajax for Spurs.....but Martinez would leave the club currently ahead of spurs for Ajax?

Edit I do think the move to Ajax might have been a good one for Martinez last year if the Everton job hadn't appeared as it would have given him CL experience.

Joe Bernstein of the Daily Mail, showing himself to be on a par with Martin Samuel with this piece:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...no-welcome-Bill-Kenwright-return-Everton.html

Analysing the Everton matchday programme for the United game and imagining snubs to Moyes that simply aren't there.

These media types seem to think we should see Moyes as some kind of great figure in our history to behold, and appear massively offended that we have so easily moved on from him.

The choice of cover picture for the programme is also significant with Roberto Martinez loan signing Gerard Deulofeu selected rather than one of the many players signed by Moyes who are still at the club.

Oh dear!

Yeah, logic isn't their strong suit is it?
So Frank de Boer thinks it is a good move to leave Ajax for Spurs.....but Martinez would leave the club currently ahead of spurs for Ajax?

Edit I do think the move to Ajax might have been a good one for Martinez last year if the Everton job hadn't appeared as it would have given him CL experience.
Yeah, I suppose going from Wigan to Ajax would be seen as a challenge. From Everton to Ajax, not a chance.

I know I should just ignore it, but it does wind me up something fierce

I also feel it unfairly warps the general publics perception of the club, which hurts us in the long term

I remember after the win against Sunderland, the Mirror reporter led with "Once again, the winning goal was from a player not under contract to Everton"

What's the point in that? Wasn't even funny. So many clubs out there who are so much worse than Everton and do things you could actually have a go at them for.

Some people just think we're not allowed to be successful, and when we manage to do so, it's something that needs to be nipped in the bud quickly.

I also feel it unfairly warps the general publics perception of the club, which hurts us in the long term

I remember after the win against Sunderland, the Mirror reporter led with "Once again, the winning goal was from a player not under contract to Everton"

What's the point in that? Wasn't even funny. So many clubs out there who are so much worse than Everton and do things you could actually have a go at them for.

Some people just think we're not allowed to be successful, and when we manage to do so, it's something that needs to be nipped in the bud quickly.
What do u expect? We have a large majority of our own fans who wants us to lose on Saturday and kill of any CL slim chances we might have

Thank god we don't have Wes Brown under contract.

Oh I've been avoiding it like the plague mate

I wish I could...getting me proper riled up...really hope we thrash City, scoring some memorable goals along the way. A game for the ages. A game for fans like us to remember with fondness and pride for years to come.

I'm trying to tell the lads who want us to lose that they're setting a very dangerous precedent for themselves, as where does it stop? What situations next season will come along to again make them support the other team?

Bonkers...really bonkers. And small-time...proper genuine small-time attitude. Not helping our cause at all.

Bonkers...really bonkers. And small-time...proper genuine small-time attitude. Not helping our cause at all.

As someone pointed out to your good self in an earlier post, you have the luxury of a thousand mile buffer zone between yourself and the full impact of life in Liverpool if and when these buggers win the Title.

Myself and my two chums will be in the Upper Bullens on Saturday night, as we always are every season for practically every game come hail, rain, snow or hurricane.

We will not be cheering City on and we will applaud any Everton goal.

But we will not "loose" any sleep if City beat us.

And it ill behoves anyone to lecture blokes whom feel this way and say we are "bonkers".

Whilst I can fully understand the views of those who want us to win no matter how it impacts the Title race, they need to come down off their high horses and appreciate some of us, the majority of us from what I am gathering around the city and on message boards like this, are not automatons nor do we live in a bubble where this very real prospect of that other lot becoming champions will have minimum effect on our lives.

We could have lived with it happen we went in the Champions League......but that prospect has now faded.

It is great that people support our club in the four corners of the globe but to really get Evertonianism it would better suit our non Merseyside domiciled friends and fans to take the views of the indigenous variety on board before hectoring us.

Myself and my two chums will be in the Upper Bullens on Saturday night, as we always are every season for practically every game come hail, rain, snow or hurricane.

We will not be cheering City on and we will applaud any Everton goal.

But we will not "loose" any sleep if City beat us.

And it ill behoves anyone to lecture blokes whom feel this way and say we are "bonkers".

hiya mate...you miss the point.

The debate isn't whether if we'll feel less bad about losing to City than normal (I would also feel less bad about it). The debate is about those actively wanting us to lose in the first place. There's a hugely-significant difference between the two concepts.

It's "lose", not "loose". Sorry for spelling-nazi, but this also came up quite a lot in that other thread.

And yes, I've also conceded the location thing and lamented the premature locking of Fozzy's poll thread.

Honestly the location thing isn't an issue, to any Liverpool based Evertonians, trust me, the plastics around my area are 100 times worse.

At least Liverpool's local support base will have a valid reason to be cheery, the lot round here are just 80s band wagon cultists, you have no idea how awful they are, they say "Justice for the 96!" as if they were bloody there. It's cringeworthy.

I'd rather be in Liverpool if they won the title than New Zealand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back