Memory Lane - your first Everton game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been done before but let the forum here what was your first Everton game and the details.

I will start, it was back in 1963, 11th May to be exact. I was 11 years old and had only just come out of hospital a couple of months before and was somewhat weak Dad had been able to get a pair of tickets for the GSE stand.

The game was against Fulham and we beat them 4-1 to win the 1962/63 league championship our first for many years. Roy Vernon scored a hat trick, suppose should have felt sorry for Tony Macedo but that is football. There was over 50000 attendance, at the final whistle the ground erupted as you can guess. All the players came out in the director's box lined up either side of Harry Catterick and John Moores.

That was my first baptism of fire.

What was yours?
Whilst you were watching the match I was being born. Don't feel bad, my Dad was also at the match.

My first match was a routine 4-1 FA Cup win against Villa.

First Home Game: 3-1 win v Man Utd in 1986, Heath with a boss diving header.

First away game: Sheff Wed in the F.A Cup in 1988, Peter Reid rescues the blues with a late equalizer in a 1-1 draw

First season after the war (1945/46) Everton v Liverpool at Goodison. Never seen so many people in one place. Me and my brother didn't go in the boys' pen (bad move) so, being 10 and 11 years old, we didn't see much of the game from the terraces. Don't remember anything about the game, or even the score! Didn't put us off though and we were regulars after discovering the boys' pen.

Liverpool at home 27th March 1982 - Adrian Heath's home debut. We lost 3-1 of course (things however got decidedly better over the next 5 years! ;))

My Birthday is March 19th - ticket was my 13th birthday present from me old fella. Inchy's debut for the Blues was actually the week before (March 20th) - he scored in a 1-1 draw at Man City!

Inchy remains my favorite Everton player to date.

Liverpool at home 27th March 1982 - Adrian Heath's home debut. We lost 3-1 of course (things however got decidedly better over the next 5 years! ;))

My Birthday is March 19th - ticket was my 13th birthday present from me old fella. Inchy's debut for the Blues was actually the week before (March 20th) - he scored in a 1-1 draw at Man City!

Inchy remains my favorite Everton player to date.
I thought that you had been outed as a RS? :)

First season after the war (1945/46) Everton v Liverpool at Goodison. Never seen so many people in one place. Me and my brother didn't go in the boys' pen (bad move) so, being 10 and 11 years old, we didn't see much of the game from the terraces. Don't remember anything about the game, or even the score! Didn't put us off though and we were regulars after discovering the boys' pen.

Was that to avoid Bill Kenwright?

Everton 1-1 Sunderland in the Worthington Cup. Wonderkid Michael Bridges scored for them and John Collins equlised for us. We lost on pens, Bakayoko was a particular embarrassment with his attempt.

I was an armchair supporter through my teens. First time at Goodison was the 4-1 win under the floodlights against Wolfsburg in the Europa league.
The atmosphere was amazing and everyone was still full of optimism back then... Couldn't have asked for a better first experience really.

Status
Not open for further replies.