Transfer Rumour Memphis Depay

Would Memphis be a good signing for Everton?

• Yes

Votes: 508 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 206 25.9%
  • Scouse Pay on Toast

Votes: 81 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

You reckon Koeman name dropping Depay in press conference was a smoke screen for Schneiderlin? I don't think we've any interest in Depay.

he never namedropped Depay in a presser mate.

He was asked his opinion on the player during an interview on Dutch TV.

We are/have been interested though. My thoughts are that he is a target, but we are maybe looking for other options considering we'd prefer a loan over a permanent deal...

Depay is January's mata.

We won;t actually sign him, but the odd mention that we will gets everyone believing it.

If we wanted him we would have him now. We have just negotiated a deal with the same club for a different player. So why on earth would we have not done both at the same time if we wanted him?

If we did want to loan and united said no then that is end of negotiation then? If we have just changed our minds about signing him then united would be sorting this now not bidding against lyons and whoever else.

I think this may be the Schneiderlin scenario in reverse.

We badly wanted Schneiderlin, Utd knew that, they had other clubs bidding and could play hardball.

Utd want rid of Depay , we know that, Depay wants to stay in England, there does not appear to be any interest in him at the moment. I think we will sit tight and see what happens.

Utd cannot spend money indefinitely, Mourinho will be under pressure to trim the squad and recoup some money. I think this may drag for a while.

Depay is January's mata.

We won;t actually sign him, but the odd mention that we will gets everyone believing it.

If we wanted him we would have him now. We have just negotiated a deal with the same club for a different player. So why on earth would we have not done both at the same time if we wanted him?

If we did want to loan and united said no then that is end of negotiation then? If we have just changed our minds about signing him then united would be sorting this now not bidding against lyons and whoever else.

Pure conjecture.

This was always likely to drag on.

We'll be assessing other options. Doesn't mean we've dropped our interest.

The window shuts on February 2nd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back