Mentoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblue

Player Valuation: £60m
It looks like another manager leaves Everton , soon to be replaced by another willing victim.

I think people underestimate how difficult a job it is to manage Everton. It is a big club with huge expectations , a club that has underperformed for over three decades and is getting steadily worse.

I have said before that when a manager is being appointed, moreso young and inexperienced managers like Silva and Lampard , they should be appointed as part of a managerial team that includes a wise old head like a former manager to help mentor them.

For those of us old enough we remember them as " general managers " who helped the new man settle into job and helped them cope with the stresses and strains of football management.

I see the name of Lee Carsley now being thrown into the mix as a potential new manager and certainly there is a lot to recommend Lee but without help I cannot see him having a chance in hell of being successful at Everton.

It looks like another manager leaves Everton , soon to be replaced by another willing victim.

I think people underestimate how difficult a job it is to manage Everton. It is a big club with huge expectations , a club that has underperformed for over three decades and is getting steadily worse.

I have said before that when a manager is being appointed, moreso young and inexperienced managers like Silva and Lampard , they should be appointed as part of a managerial team that includes a wise old head like a former manager to help mentor them.

For those of us old enough we remember them as " general managers " who helped the new man settle into job and helped them cope with the stresses and strains of football management.

I see the name of Lee Carsley now being thrown into the mix as a potential new manager and certainly there is a lot to recommend Lee but without help I cannot see him having a chance in hell of being successful at Everton.
Director Of Football’s job that mate. We don’t need another layer of senior management in an already bloated and failing system, in my humble opinion.

Every manager will struggle until the clubs hierarchy are replaced and the club is ran efficiently by up to date experienced professionals.

Every manager will struggle until the clubs hierarchy are replaced and the club is ran efficiently by up to date experienced professionals.
I don't think it is as simple as that.

We saw with CA what he was able to do.
He had the experience and skill to manage the situation at the club.

How the club is run and how the team is managed are not the same thing.

Would need to change the DOF again then mate. Everton!
For me the problem is the club don’t how to adopt the role of DoF, you can’t have a DoF role at a football club and then let various managers come and identify players they want. This how we’ve ended up with mishmash squad.

The DoF provides the tools (players) for the manager HE chooses (if allowed to) that’s how I see the role anyway, if not don’t have that role at the club because it’s set up to fail.

For me the problem is the club don’t how to adopt the role of DoF, you can’t have a DoF role at a football club and then let various managers come and identify players they want. This how we’ve ended up with mishmash squad.

The DoF provides the tools (players) for the manager HE chooses (if allowed to) that’s how I see the role anyway, if not don’t have that role at the club because it’s set up to fail.
Agreed. Manager can have input but he’s the short termism part of the strategy. The DOF is the long term so has final call, and as per hierarchy anyway.

Agreed. Manager can have input but he’s the short termism part of the strategy. The DOF is the long term so has final call, and as per hierarchy anyway.
Exactly, the squad should be set up to suit the current and next manager, ie Brighton for instance. They probably won’t feel the loss of a key player like Trossard because they probably already have or have identified his replacement, and that will be done by the DOF.

That will also be done with an excellent scouting network we’re they don’t pay silly money and sell at a profit.

Exactly, the squad should be set up to suit the current and next manager, ie Brighton for instance. They probably won’t feel the loss of a key player like Trossard because they probably already have or have identified his replacement, and that will be done by the DOF.
The dream. Look as us using Brighton as an aspirational model knowing it would be years off before we achieve it.

Get them all OUT.

The dream. Look as us using Brighton as an aspirational model knowing it would be years off before we achieve it.

Get them all OUT.
We think we can plod on and progress based on our history and standing in the game. The fact is right now as a club we are years behind and we will self destruct very soon if it’s not changed now.

We basically have 4 DOF

Farhad - buys players
Bill - Buys Players
The manager - wants certain players
An the DOF who does nothing

expectations lol behave yaself

Status
Not open for further replies.