Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Team news in. We have Pickford, Godfrey, Holgate , Keane, Kenny, Branthwaite, Gordon, Gomes, Doucoure, Iwobi, Simms.

On the bench Begovic, Lonergan, Allan, Coleman, Gbamin, Dobbin, Onyango.

That's interesting. He's given the young ones a chance to do their thing.

No Havertz, Lukaku or Werner for Chelsea
I prefer to think that injuries and illness have forced his hand Anj. Or for the moment, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

In theory I'm pleased that the likes of Simms and Branthwaite are getting a chance, and I'd normally love to see Onyango and Dobbin be given an opportunity from the bench. But ideally, the time to introduce these players is when we have a strong team out at home in a very winnable game. Not all at the same time when we have probably our worst starting XI in the last 20 years away to arguably the best team in the league, and current European champions. Occasions like this can destroy a young players confidence. Simms in particular can expect to be completely starved of any decent possession in a team that has zero creativity.

If it turns out that Benitez, expecting nothing out of the game anyway, has decided to rest the likes of Rondon, Allan and Gray, then it proves to me he has no regard for our young players throwing them to the lions in this way. It's already shocking that Digne is still left out in the cold when our squad is so threadbare.

I prefer to think that injuries and illness have forced his hand Anj. Or for the moment, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

In theory I'm pleased that the likes of Simms and Branthwaite are getting a chance, and I'd normally love to see Onyango and Dobbin be given an opportunity from the bench. But ideally, the time to introduce these players is when we have a strong team out at home in a very winnable game. Not all at the same time when we have probably our worst starting XI in the last 20 years away to arguably the best team in the league, and current European champions. Occasions like this can destroy a young players confidence. Simms in particular can expect to be completely starved of any decent possession in a team that has zero creativity.

If it turns out that Benitez, expecting nothing out of the game anyway, has decided to rest the likes of Rondon, Allan and Gray, then it proves to me he has no regard for our young players throwing them to the lions in this way. It's already shocking that Digne is still left out in the cold when our squad is so threadbare.
i'm sure they said Digne would have played but he's ill

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back