Michael Bradley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradley set to stay???

Heerenveen coach Gertjan Verbeek believes Bradley will not leave Holland in the transfer window.

The American international, who moved to the Eredivisie in 2006, has scored 15 times this season, including eight in his last eight games, as Heerenveen have climbed to third in the table.

Such prolific form has attracted interest from across Europe, with three Premier League clubs and also Hamburg all reported to be keeping tabs on him.

The 20-year-old New Jersey native could leave on a free when his contract expires in 18 months, but Verbeek is not ready to let him go just yet.

He told the club's official website: "Never say never in football, but I count on Bradley staying here.

"He is ready though for the step to a top club. Bradley has a great mentality; he will always make it. Just as I was convinced that Klaas-Jan (Huntelaar) would make it at Ajax, I am almost certain that he will make it elsewhere."

He looks like a moyes sort of player. And right price to.

I've read 11 goals in 21 starts.

[Poor language removed] me that's not bad for a defensive midfielder. OK its holland but players often make the transition from that league to ours.

3m, speaks english (or americanese), could settle in this league.

This could be a go-er.

The thing with this is, I REALLY want us to get him, but I bet we won't, so I'll be all anticipatory for a few days now, and then [Poor language removed] all will happen, leave me pissed off.

Maybe Cars could introduce the kid to his barber - then we'll take him.

I saw him play in the U-20 WC last year - he stood out, but didn't take control of any games like you would expect. Not sure about him, but these days 3M isn't so much...

Maybe Cars could introduce the kid to his barber - then we'll take him.

I saw him play in the U-20 WC last year - he stood out, but didn't take control of any games like you would expect. Not sure about him, but these days 3M isn't so much...

That's a good evaluation.

He did well but wasn't a world beater at the U-20.

That said, I think his age makes him a good fit to be an "understudy" to Carsley at this point. It really makes sense.

Too bad Ghost isn't around to enjoy this moment. ;)

think he would do well with carsley teaching him to break up play, fernandez how to attack, and tim cahill how to score! (in my dreams, imagine how good though)

would bulk up our midfield, and id imagine be good for corners/crosses at 6-ft-1. iv never seen the guy play, is he a holding or box-to-box midfielder? sounds a bargain at 3m but only 2-3 days left if we want him, and i cant see moyes adding any till the summer now.

Not coming this transfer window or so say his manager. He hasn't signed a extended contract but people in know feel like Blackburn have a inside track.

Last edited:

Heeveereen should get in the C-League playoffs. So there will be no doubt that they want to keep him. I quote from the manager was class:

"He is ready though for the step to a top club. Bradley has a great mentality; he will always make it. Just as I was convinced that Klaas-Jan (Huntelaar) would make it at Ajax, I am almost certain that he will make it elsewhere."

Most managers would just say you're not ready or something like that.

moyes said in interview that he is looking to address the issue of height in the squad, that for a time the better players have been the slightly smaller lads.

Bradley at 6'1" is no monster, but would stand head and shoulders above most in midfield.

Its been an issue for a while, he tried to sign essien what seems like a couple of ice ages ago.

shame we didnt get yaya toure in the summer, in the words of eric idle hes like 'goliaths big brava'. there arent many players of comparable stature to drogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back