2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really disagree re the style Benitez plays, it’s the main reason I didn’t want him to be manager. He’s a bit of a moyes, values players that are positionally disciplined. It’s how Benitez wants to play as opposed to how he has decided to set up specifically to accommodate Keane. Trust me it’s not a style I want to be watching but you’re not going to get buccaneering full backs bombing on or centre backs playing on the half way line.

Having said that, I was reading somewhere the other day that Lucas Digne’s attacking stats this season are still quite good so it’s not quite so black and white as 4 defenders playing on the edge of the penalty box and never getting forward.

Re Godfrey, to be an ideal defender in a high line, or any line for that matter, you have to be a good defender first and foremost. Godfrey still had a lot to learn and is massively overrated on here - fur coat and nae knickers as my old gran would say.

I think we could still play the same way 10 l-15 yards further up the pitch.

But we cant due to having Keane.

The interesting thing will be seeing if we sign a defensive only right back in Jan or an attacking one...that will answer our questions.

You'd have to be a total clown to think he wasn't our best player last weekend.
Agree, he won MOTM on the other fansites

Rice was West Hams best player,i think we can all agree with that?

Second was Antonio who kept the ball up whenever it was played to him alongside Keane. Can we agree on that as well?

Keane didnt stop their centre forward, he is too passive.

Rice was West Hams best player,i think we can all agree with that?

Second was Antonio who kept the ball up whenever it was played to him alongside Keane. Can we agree on that as well?

Keane didnt stop their centre forward, he is too passive.
This is on Everton fan sites, why would they vote for Rice or Antonio??

Doesn't get enough credit for his excellent range of passing for me. Not amazing, but a good player. We know he's all about the confidence and he let's himself down occasionally but on the whole he's a 7 out of 10 player and currently our 2nd best centre half at the club

Doesn't get enough credit for his excellent range of passing for me. Not amazing, but a good player. We know he's all about the confidence and he let's himself down occasionally but on the whole he's a 7 out of 10 player and currently our 2nd best centre half at the club
If you play backs to the wall, he is excellent. You push up 10-15 yards, he is horrific.

Why vote for Keane when the opposition centre forward has had him off all match?
Mate you do yourself no favors with nosense like this, you know full well that didnt happen, yeah you dont like the player but to not give him credit for how well he played last week (while at the same time Godfrey was terrible) is silly. Theres nothing wrong with giving credit when credit is due.

Mate you do yourself no favors with nosense like this, you know full well that didnt happen, yeah you dont like the player but to not give him credit for how well he played last week (while at the same time Godfrey was terrible) is silly. Theres nothing wrong with giving credit when credit is due.

Youre saying Antonio didnt have the better of Keane all match?

So when he held it up every time it was played to him that was good work by keane?

Makes no sense.

Straight to opposition players...

Status
Not open for further replies.