2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t get me wrong his time appears to be running, out but to sell a CB when you currently only have 4 of them to play a 3 would be akin to lunacy

….not if Lampard prefers to play Coleman and Mykolenko ahead of him, which could well be the case. Indeed, the current pecking order could be;

Tarkowski
Coady
Holgate
Coleman
Mykolenko
Keane

(Mina being fit would push Keane down to 7th choice. I would add that Reece Welch is only 18 but this system could suit in the future as he’s some athlete)..

I’m not sure if folk remember Keane playing in a back 3 for us a number of seasons ago, he was a serious liability. We know he’s at his best with protection around him, the absence of a conventional RB leaves him/us totally exposed on one flank.

it’s not as @4737carlin suggests, these concerns are reasoned and calculated.

….not if Lampard prefers to play Coleman and Mykolenko ahead of him, which could well be the case. Indeed, the current pecking order could be;

Tarkowski
Coady
Holgate
Coleman
Mykolenko
Keane

(Mina being fit would push Keane down to 7th choice. I would add that Reece Welch is only 18 but this system could suit in the future as he’s some athlete)..

I’m not sure if folk remember Keane playing in a back 3 for us a number of seasons ago, he was a serious liability. We know he’s at his best with protection around him, the absence of a conventional RB leaves him/us totally exposed on one flank.

Coleman? Behave

I feel like last season Keane either scored an OG, or made mistakes which led to us losing a game on at least 3 or 4 occasions.

The Covid season he was decent, but I never feel comfortable that we won’t concede when he’s on the pitch. I can see why people think he’s awful.

It wouldn’t bother me to keep him as back up, due to the Godfrey injury and Mina being made out of cheese. It also wouldn’t bother me if we sold him.

I mean he's lashed a couple into our Top Corner and gets grief for it. But lads getting legged in midfield offering no protection get a pass as do his CB partners who are rash and get pulled out of position leaving huge holes that have him exposed get a pass.

Kegger will be one of the top minutes for our CBs this season. Stand on me.

Tarkowski
Coady
Holgate
Coleman
Mykolenko
Keane

I wouldn’t trust Coleman playing CB if I’m being honest and I think Mykolenko is the only wingback we have of any quality. I agree with the sentiment about Keane, he’s been here over half a decade and there’s more question marks over him now than when he signed but selling him this season would be a bad idea because we’ll continue picking up injuries.

His time is coming up but it isn’t here yet. My guess is next seasons Nottingham Forest will bring him in during the summer

I mean he's lashed a couple into our Top Corner and gets grief for it. But lads getting legged in midfield offering no protection get a pass as do his CB partners who are rash and get pulled out of position leaving huge holes that have him exposed get a pass.

Kegger will be one of the top minutes for our CBs this season. Stand on me.

Yeah, the midfield definitely hasn't helped.

I wouldn’t trust Coleman playing CB if I’m being honest and I think Mykolenko is the only wingback we have of any quality. I agree with the sentiment about Keane, he’s been here over half a decade and there’s more question marks over him now than when he signed but selling him this season would be a bad idea because we’ll continue picking up injuries.

His time is coming up but it isn’t here yet. My guess is next seasons Nottingham Forest will bring him in during the summer

….you need to get rid of these high earning fringe players whilst you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.