2024/25 Michael Keane

He is probably the best finisher at the club but it seems like everyone at the back get nervous and have weak mentality. The sooner JD is back the better as Dyche refuses to play O’Brien despite we conceded 10 in 3 games.

As long as he’s in the squad, we’re always a relegation threat. He’s that bad. The day he leaves the club I’m throwing a party, I’m absolutely sick of the sight of him. The useless lump of lard.
You know what. I know he's garbage but he doesn't ask to play.

He's being let down by Dyche. He should have been sold years ago.
He needs punting out of the side and out of the club ASAP as far as I'm concerned. He's bad, bad hoodoo.
3 games, 10 goals conceded.

Yeah - keep picking him Sean!
Yes, yes, yes and yes and he can take Dyche with him.

Thank you one and all.

Well the stats I put up after week one showing how when Keane plays we concede 3+ goals more than a third of the time, add another 2, 3+ losses into that figure.

Yet he'll keep getting starts.

Well the stats I put up after week one showing how when Keane plays we concede 3+ goals more than a third of the time, add another 2, 3+ losses into that figure.

Yet he'll keep getting starts.

….he’s hardly started a game in 12 months, even Godfrey was getting a game ahead of him so I never get the ‘favourite’ arguement.

I’ve been Keane’s biggest critic for a long time, even when he was an England regular and I stand by that view so the arguement here is whether he should be playing ahead of O’Brien. Personally, I’d go with O’Brien but it’s not a selection I’d die in a ditch over because I doubt he’d have made any difference to the result yesterday, I actually thought Tarkowski looked a bit off the pace.

The real problems were elsewhere, mainly involving the substitutions but that group should’ve had enough to see the game home. The major issue here is how much we’re reliant on Branthwaite.

….he’s hardly started a game in 12 months, even Godfrey was getting a game ahead of him so I never get the ‘favourite’ arguement.

I’ve been Keane’s biggest critic for a long time, even when he was an England regular and I stand by that view so the arguement here is whether he should be playing ahead of O’Brien. Personally, I’d go with O’Brien but it’s not a selection I’d die in a ditch over because I doubt he’d have made any difference to the result yesterday, I actually thought Tarkowski looked a bit off the pace.

The real problems were elsewhere, mainly involving the substitutions but that group should’ve had enough to see the game home. The major issue here is how much we’re reliant on Branthwaite.
Agree with a lot of that - Tarkowski looks like a shadow of the player we've seen over the last 12 months. Obviously he's brought down several levels when he's paired with Keane, but that's no excuse really for the awful performances he's put in for all three games so far.

The real baffling thing is how O'Brien isn't starting despite having had £15m invested on him that could and should have been invested on a pair of full backs.

Only the manager can answer that one but all you'd get is his talking in riddles and trying to be smart.

True enough eggs, but there's something about Keane, when he's in the side, we are way way more prone to see a defensive collapse and ship 3+, and that predates us having Branthwaite in the side too.

Some players breed confidence, some the reverse. Keanes stats show for whatever reason we are four times more likely to concede 3+ when he plays than we he doesn't play.

O'Brien starts for me over him every time. We can say OB wouldn't have made a difference to the result, but why not.

As for the subs, it's Dyche, he doesn't do subs mate and when he does they are either too late to make a difference or the wrong ones.

Had OB, Lindstrom, Dixon and Garner sat on the bench watching Coleman, McNeil, Harrison and Tim looking absolutely shattered for the last 30.

Dyche brings on his pet Doucoure for by far and away the player who was making everything tick for us (and rho looked still to have bags of energy left).

But 'premier league' experience to close out the game eh.

Last edited:
Agree with a lot of that - Tarkowski looks like a shadow of the player we've seen over the last 12 months. Obviously he's brought down several levels when he's paired with Keane, but that's no excuse really for the awful performances he's put in for all three games so far.

The real baffling thing is how O'Brien isn't starting despite having had £15m invested on him that could and should have been invested on a pair of full backs.

Only the manager can answer that one but all you'd get is his talking in riddles and trying to be smart.

I think O'brien is Godfrey replacement

Tarks is a mixture of Branthwaite making him look better than he is now may e, and he's started picking up a lot more knocks and seems to be playing through them when other players would likely miss s game or two to recover.

Keane playing ahead of O'Brien seems to me to be Dyche making a point about not needing him as we have Keane who he rates higher (wouldn't shock me if O'Brien was brought in by Thelwell when Dyche wanted an older more experienced in the league player with those funds instead).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back