2024/25 Michael Keane

The problem for Keane is one that doesn't show up on stats or in training. He just goes to bits in games and no one in the backline trusts him. Everyone's performance drops when he's in the lineup and then everyone's performances pickup again alongside a Branthwaite or Mina. He might not be at fault for specific goals per se but no one is trusting him causing their own heads to fall off.

Apparently our high line was same last season. I've asked for a link.

Maybe just feels worse because no Branthwaite, or Onana.

Onana was a presence there.
We've gone from one of the quickest centre backs in Branthwaite to one of the slowest in Keane, and from one of the quickest full backs in Godfrey to the slowest in Young. Merge that with Mykolenko being completely off the boil and an awful lot of cover for the very slow Tarkowski is now gone.

Another reason Dixon should be playing.

Weak mentally and weak physically

Being outmuscled by Watkins at the back post is unacceptable for a CB

At the least he uses his body to stop Watkins jumping the way Dom did defending a set piece in the first half

The simple truth is, with Branthwaite there instead, we hold onto that Bournemouth lead 100% and probably even the Villa one - certainly would’ve got to half time at 2-0.

crap.gif

A player who, typically, never picks up an injury. Hopefully he's marking some grock or other for Southampton tomorrow night and he leaves his mark. This is the only turn of events that prevents him trying to mark Vardy next weekend.

A player who, typically, never picks up an injury. Hopefully he's marking some grock or other for Southampton tomorrow night and he leaves his mark. This is the only turn of events that prevents him trying to mark Vardy next weekend.
I don’t think people appreciate how much his presence negatively affects the team.

He never gets injured as he’s not brave enough to put himself in harms way often enough. He isn’t proactive, just reactive, and slowly and badly reacting at that. He didn’t predict that Harrison was gonna shank the ball into the middle of the box, unlike Watkins.

The non- header at the weekend is a perfect example of his cowardice, ducks his head fearing getting a whack. Unforgivable trait in a centre back.

He goes into tackles half hearted every time, and is totally out of position most matches.

That timid, fearfulness spreads throughout the team and they stop putting their bodies on the line and trying to block and tackle anything that’s in front of them. Tarks and Pickford look like they’ve never played before, scared to commit, every one is scared to commit and we are always on the back foot waiting for the inevitable shambles to land.

Put Mina or branthwaite in the team (and probably O’Brien) the dynamic changes, and we’re flying into tackles and blocking anything, putting bodies on the line and we’re on the front foot, dictating the game more our way and defending proactively, not reactively.

sadly, we’ve been down this road twice before with Dyche and he hasn’t learned a thing, so we’re back at square one living keanehog day yet again.

He is playing him because Branthwaite is injured.

That bit is not that hard to work out.

Is O'Brien a better option though? You would certainly hope so but realistically nobody knows.

He has to be...right?
It's also nothard to work out that everytime Keane plays we concead a minimum of 2 goals.

On Sat when it was 0-2 every Everton thought we need another to stand a chance

Andy Townsend on Michael Keane:

Michael Keane, whenever I’ve seen him playing in an Everton shirt, I don’t think he’s really had a spell there where he’s really looked on top of his game, confident and comfortable."

He’s often looked like a bit of a nervous wreck to me, and it’s difficult – when you’re losing matches and you’ve got people in there that are fighting with their own game a bit, (it’s) not easy at all.”

I don’t think people appreciate how much his presence negatively affects the team.

He never gets injured as he’s not brave enough to put himself in harms way often enough. He isn’t proactive, just reactive, and slowly and badly reacting at that. He didn’t predict that Harrison was gonna shank the ball into the middle of the box, unlike Watkins.

The non- header at the weekend is a perfect example of his cowardice, ducks his head fearing getting a whack. Unforgivable trait in a centre back.

He goes into tackles half hearted every time, and is totally out of position most matches.

That timid, fearfulness spreads throughout the team and they stop putting their bodies on the line and trying to block and tackle anything that’s in front of them. Tarks and Pickford look like they’ve never played before, scared to commit, every one is scared to commit and we are always on the back foot waiting for the inevitable shambles to land.

Put Mina or branthwaite in the team (and probably O’Brien) the dynamic changes, and we’re flying into tackles and blocking anything, putting bodies on the line and we’re on the front foot, dictating the game more our way and defending proactively, not reactively.

sadly, we’ve been down this road twice before with Dyche and he hasn’t learned a thing, so we’re back at square one living keanehog day yet again.
We have been justifiably accused by many on here of being a team of cowards for 5-6 years. You have articulated the nature of this cowardice as well as how it spreads like a virus through the team eloquently.

There has been a constant in this cowardly mentality in this squad for six seasons. Holgate is gone but the stink endures. Nowhere for Keane to hide anymore. Must be taken out of the team permanently for his and everyone else’s sake. Only 8.5 months left on this god forsaken contract and chapter in Everton history. We have avoided this calamitous car crash relegating us for 2 successive seasons. Unless he’s removed it will be third time unlucky for us.

Thanks for more good times Bill.

It's also nothard to work out that everytime Keane plays we concead a minimum of 2 goals.

On Sat when it was 0-2 every Everton thought we need another to stand a chance
I feel people are reading something I'm not saying here.

Keane is playing purely because Brathwaite is out injured. If he was available he wouldn't be playing.

None of this makes Keane any less crap. Of course he is, we all know he is.

And yes Dyche knows this too, hence he wouldnt be in the team if Branthwaite was available.

The worry would then come with O'Brien. is he not ready? is he not good enough either? I couldn't say as I have only seen him about 3 times.

You would hope he is better.

We've gone from one of the quickest centre backs in Branthwaite to one of the slowest in Keane, and from one of the quickest full backs in Godfrey to the slowest in Young. Merge that with Mykolenko being completely off the boil and an awful lot of cover for the very slow Tarkowski is now gone.

Another reason Dixon should be playing.
Godfrey hasnt been quick for a while.

I don't even think Young is that slow, he is just an idiot who makes awful decisions.

Realistically we shouldn't be relying on a kid and should have better options.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back