• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Microphone on Referees

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but it would still be nice to hear a ref's reasoning behind the decisions that they make. Why wasn't it a pen? Why did he feel it warranted a booking?

For me, it'd help improve the level of transparency and, with VAR, chip away at the imbalance that we all see; It isn't a magic bullet, but better than we've got.

I think we should let VAR bed in, and become a normal part of the game first. As sure as night follows day, pretty sure further advances will be made. A first step for Ref Mics might be they can turn them on during a VAR discussion for example, or when they are explaining a decision to a captain.

I think it is two fold. Firstly, every ref has an assessor at the match, and they go through every game with them, so a ref saying stuff on telly might influence the reporting.

And secondly, the only time you would want to hear them would be to explain a controversial decision, ergo, hiding to nothing. Can you imagine Gary Linekar saying, "Well we all agree that you had a good game Mike, talk us through that excellent advantage you played"
Good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back