2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of the sort of chance DCL misses regularly?
In the prem, this was against Salford and he missed plenty of chances and had not capacity to link any play up.

Like others said, for 27 million we expect him to be outshining prospects like Gordon and DCL. Been a year now, has not improved. He might need a new environment and we could use some of that money back.

Not sure what to make of last nights performance, very disappointed which is strange given he scored and hit the post but he doesn't look a happy bunny to me, maybe the rumours are right that he is unhappy here and wants to go home.

In the prem, this was against Salford and he missed plenty of chances and had not capacity to link any play up.

Like others said, for 27 million we expect him to be outshining prospects like Gordon and DCL. Been a year now, has not improved. He might need a new environment and we could use some of that money back.
The difficulty in finishing chances doesn't change against a lesser opponent. Yes he should have probably scored from open play too but sometimes it isn't your day. He got in the positions and if he keeps doing that he will score.

This argument gets arrowed at Richarlison all the time.

I'd rather him be unhappy that he missed a sitter and then at least doing something to rectify it, as he did, than be all smiles.
I dont care if he doesn't crack a smile when he has scored but it would be nice if he was able to control and retain the ball when it's played to him. His 1st touch matched his poor finishing last night. Disinterested or lacking in confidence? Suspect it is the latter but I think most reasonable observers would have expected a lot more from him.

Well to be fair, you're putting words in my mouth here. I never said there should be no expectations. I was saying that thinking he would produce the same level of excitement as when Rooney broke on the scene is part of the reason people are disappointed now. That first Rooney season is probably the most excited I ever remember being about a new player. If that's your benchmark then you're going to be let down 999 times out of 1000.

As far as the 30 yard screamers go, I've already responded to Lanolin saying that I when I read his response I thought he was making a direct comparison to Rooney's first season as opposed to a comparison with the excitement he produced then. I'm not making any attempts to build straw men here and I'm not looking for a fight or to get one up on anyone.

Fair enough re the Rooney comparisons - I think I missed that. Agree it’s not a fair comparison.

Notwithstanding that, Kean isn’t even demonstrating that he can be a bit of competition for DCL (who himself has not demonstrated that he can be a competent first choice no 9!), so I think the disappointment is justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.