more young players

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
David Moyes is reportedly eyeing up from afar the talent on view in this year's Copa Libertadores, with a view to bringing in a left winger and possibly a central defender to support what we already possess. Closer to home, we've scouted Gillingham's Matty Jarvis - who is both pacey and a left sided winger turned striker.

Versatile Crewe defender Billy Jones looks set for a summer move to Goodison Park.

The vultures from Everton and Man City are eying up Plymouth Argyle's defensive midfielder Dan Gosling...

is it me or are the lower leagues producing better players or is it that the foreign market has been more miss than hit and so prem clubs are looking to promote british talent.

consider

walcott (was at saints, now arsenal)
bale - saints
barnes - derby
cook - qpr
varney - crewe
striker at forest - name evades me

there are 3 more young players in the quotes above, i cant remember a time when so many lower league players were being talked about as prem class, whos respective moves were a case of 'when' not 'if'.

striker at forest - name evades me

Nathan Tyson, Agogo?

I think we're in a position now to look to build for the future, in previous years we've just had to sign players for "here and now" who had that experience to try and ensure Premiership survival. (Campbell, Gazza, Ginola, Gough etc).

Am not sure about the "extra quality" all of a sudden from the lower leagues, it maybe just a few more managers now are paying closer attention.

Moyes does seem to like scouting for players in the lower leagues. With the budgets for youth development in the lower leagues so low I don't know how good they are but it's good to see Moyes casting his net far and wide. We just need to buy up an overseas club that we can dump a dozen kids onto and let them sieve out the good from the bad.

Don't know why there isn't much young talent coming through in the prem at the moment. Don't think it's anything to do with foreign players coming in as youth academy's are seperate. In the past 5 years, I can only think of 3 young players at Everton who have suceeded, Hibbert, Rooney and Osman. The jury is still out on Vic and Vaughan, but apart from them who else could make it?

Don't know why there isn't much young talent coming through in the prem at the moment. Don't think it's anything to do with foreign players coming in as youth academy's are seperate. In the past 5 years, I can only think of 3 young players at Everton who have suceeded, Hibbert, Rooney and Osman. The jury is still out on Vic and Vaughan, but apart from them who else could make it?

Boyle, Ruddy, Spencer, Kissock, and Rodwell (I think the last two will certainly make it)(y)

Agard, is alright, fairly pacey, but not vaughan or johnno quick.

couple more youngsters under the microscope today,

15 year old crystal palace academy player john bostock and wolves winger michael kightly who wolves promoted from the confrence.

By all reports Ian Turner had a cracking game for Sheffield Wednsday yesterday puling of four or five cracking saves from leeds.

\anyone hear how bjarni and kearney went?

Last edited:
Its nice to learn how a blue helped sink those Leeds pricks nearer to relegation, they are below vermin:P

Bjarni got a rating of six for BAFC, puiet by all acoounts.

Kearney got a seven for Chester in their draw with Torquay there fans say is steady and a good prospect at that level. Will he make the prem gade?

Last edited:

im not so sure, molyneux stood out as above average in the game i actually saw him in, but the real star that day, head and shoulders and maybe a few ribs ahead of EVERYONE else was kissock.

im actually surprised we shelled 250k out on spencer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back