more young players

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not so sure, molyneux stood out as above average in the game i actually saw him in, but the real star that day, head and shoulders and maybe a few ribs ahead of EVERYONE else was kissock.

im actually surprised we shelled 250k out on spencer.

Kissock is brilliant at his age group, put him against an older opposition, slighty better build as he is no where to be seen, Osman was better then him at this level.

they both need some whey shakes and some free weights to train with.

maradonna was small but he was stocky and very strong on the ball.

professional athletes should be able to sculpt the appropriate physique for their profession.

I have Fran Merida on my CM team!!!!

And you guys are right about these professional athletes. They train all day, you would think they could find some time to hit the gym to bulk up a little. They don't even have to put on a ton of weight, just 10-15lbs to get started, so as not to affect their mobility. And gradually build up to the stocky Maradona type mentioned before.

what do you mean you guys, that is credited to me only :lol:

its not just maradonna, tevez has shoulders like a coal miner/hodd carrier, i say get all the players under 10 stone out with beattie every day on his '10,000 calories a day for an athlete' diet.

what do you mean you guys, that is credited to me only :lol:

its not just maradonna, tevez has shoulders like a coal miner/hodd carrier, i say get all the players under 10 stone out with beattie every day on his '10,000 calories a day for an athlete' diet.

They could train by carrying BT, everyone else does:p :p :p

No doubt it's very important to have good young players coming up the ranks, it's equally important that we have a "Cantona or Roy Keane" in our team for them to look up to, learn and develope. Young player will only improve if they play and train with top class players week in week out.

arteta and lescott, skill and dedication in abundance.

another youngster...

oldhams 20 year old winger chris taylor

I agree with taylor and will add liam roseniour to the mix, and I know he is not exactly young but MGP would help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its interesting to see that the SWP brigade seem to have disbanded.;)

I just dont think the young English players get chances like they used to. Looks like it takes players months to get to that standard, and most get weened into it, slowly, 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there, or do their apprentiships in the lower leagues ala Lescott. Depends on the player. Osman has a wicked touch, but gets pushed about. He's a late bloomer and has been given the time to develop. Most dont. Didnt Baines get the arse at Everton when he was a kid?

But I reckon the player who has impressed me the most from my limited exposure to the Championship is Giles Barnes. That kid can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.