2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the circle I struggle to square as well. He looked every inch the player we paid United for, and the wages he was on. Then Bang.

Koeman, Allardyce, his old man dying? Or just a bad'un at heart?

Answers on a postcard, cos I havnt a clue.
But the thing is he was superb at Southampton, I remember we played them at Goodison and he ran the game.

Insane how he dropped off ,looked the quarter back we all dreamed off ,wondering why United let him go,now we know why and why Man Utd have stopped laughing at us handing over £25m big ones for someone as flaky as this

Lost the physical ability to get around the pitch and the confidence to probe with forward passing, especially when Barkley went out of the team nobody to give the ball to who would take us up the field.
\

Agree with the take on Schneiderlin. He's simply not a good enough athlete. We need better athletes in the middle of the pitch in addition to having the proper skill to be a CM.

But Barkley? Come on. Barkley stopped moving the ball up the field like 3-4 years ago. He doesn't run with the ball, he just holds on to it, makes short, pointless passes, and sits back without any forward movement. He did it with us, but had the ball like 50% of the time. He hasn't been that player in a long time.

\

Agree with the take on Schneiderlin. He's simply not a good enough athlete. We need better athletes in the middle of the pitch in addition to having the proper skill to be a CM.

But Barkley? Come on. Barkley stopped moving the ball up the field like 3-4 years ago. He doesn't run with the ball, he just holds on to it, makes short, pointless passes, and sits back without any forward movement. He did it with us, but had the ball like 50% of the time. He hasn't been that player in a long time.
You make a good point. I guess I was thinking about when Morgan first came into the team his passing was sharp and probing towards Barkley, I agree Ross lost his way too but it was at least an option, one we didn't have last season, Gana was doing the same job only without the same kind of distribution too. When Rooney came in and dropped back they ended up getting in each others way last season. Morgan definitely lost his physical ability he was a top player at Southampton for a season or two there.

Thats the circle I struggle to square as well. He looked every inch the player we paid United for, and the wages he was on. Then Bang.

Koeman, Allardyce, his old man dying? Or just a bad'un at heart?

Answers on a postcard, cos I havnt a clue.

Loss of confidence x declining physical ability in my view. He just passes sideways now and has very slow movement around the pitch. He needs to get himself to Italy he would fit right in.

Think he will be fine
218D7B1B-D27E-4D6D-973C-6F59E7D12AB3.webp

Can’t believe I rated him not long ago. He’s easily the most hated player by me since I started to follow Everton.

Makes Andy van der Meyde looks like a professional and dedicated footballer.

Wayne Rooney £160,000 per week

Morgan Schneiderlin £120,000

Sandro Ramirez £120,000

Eliaquim Mangala £100,000

Kevin Mirallas £75,000

Yannick Bolasie £75,000

Davy Klaassen £70,000

Cenk Tosun £67,000

Ashley Williams £60,000

Oumar Niasse £55,000

James McCarthy £50,000

Phil Jagielka £50,000

Nikola Vlasic £40,000

Ramiro Funes Mori £40,000

Cuco Martina £35,000

Luke Garbutt £28,000

Mo Besic £25,000

Total: £1,130,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back