Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was it AEK Athens we played that had the skipper/CB wearing the number one?! Frankly NEA about numbers on shirts - it's the ones on the scoreboard and league table that matter.
Whilst I agree with you in principle the issue is more about how it effects merchandise sales.

Anyone buying a replica shirt with "Schneiderlin" and the number 2 on it is going to be annoyed come August when he changes his shirt number. Equally, I bet we we WON'T see many people buying the shirt now precisely because we all know he's getting the #4 in the summer when Gibson is binned off.

So on the one hand, we aren't going to see the commercial benefit of selling a lot of shirts and on the other hand the few buyers that do go ahead anyway are going to be let down come the summer.

All pretty minor in the grand scheme of things I suppose.

Whilst I agree with you in principle the issue is more about how it effects merchandise sales.

Anyone buying a replica shirt with "Schneiderlin" and the number 2 on it is going to be annoyed come August when he changes his shirt number. Equally, I bet we we WON'T see many people buying the shirt now precisely because we all know he's getting the #4 in the summer when Gibson is binned off.

So on the one hand, we aren't going to see the commercial benefit of selling a lot of shirts and on the other hand the few buyers that do go ahead anyway are going to be let down come the summer.

Whilst I totally agree, how about some positive spin.
That two shirt will be a collectors dream when after this season he switches to 4 and we go and dominate the league for the foreseeable future?

The shirt will change at the same time as the number though won't it, so nobody is getting ripped off (other than for the shirt with name and number, badges, etc, but that's a different conversation...!)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back