Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably the best shout I can think of, but if we're looking at challenging the Top 4, it's a big ask of a young lad. We'll need legs and energy in there at the pit, hope Davies can show his worth.

(Not a criticism of Tom, by the way, but 18 year olds will have ups and downs in form)

Davies has got a great engine on him mate, will have no fear against the RS, been absolutely boss since he's come in.

Davies has got a great engine on him mate, will have no fear against the RS, been absolutely boss since he's come in.

Agreed. But I'm a bit sceptical of the "embarrassment of riches" line, that leaves us currently choosing between an 18 year old in his debut season, and a 35 year old who can't run, in possibly his last (of serious game-time).

Agreed. But I'm a bit sceptical of the "embarrassment of riches" line, that leaves us currently choosing between an 18 year old in his debut season, and a 35 year old who can't run, in possibly his last (of serious game-time).

Said it earlier but you would hope Koeman learnt from the Spurs game that you don't play Barry against a team who press. Also, I know it's all about opinions, but for me, and there's not much in it, but Davies has been the better player between him and Schneiderlin.

Obviously would love to have Schneiderlin fit enough to play but I've got every confidence that Gana and Davies can boss that midfield against the RS.

Said it earlier but you would hope Koeman learnt from the Spurs game that you don't play Barry against a team who press. Also, I know it's all about opinions, but for me, and there's not much in it, but Davies has been the better player between him and Schneiderlin.

On the first point I hope you're right, be a tough game at the pit, They can be very good and energetic when on their game.

On the second, I respectfully disagree. MS for me, looks like a real rolls Royce, with the ability to control the tempo of a game, which maybe Davies hasn't got, at this early point in his career.

But, all opinions though, and Tom has been ace this season, no mistake.

Hopefully Jimmy Mac is fit and Besic can step up in the next few weeks.
Capture.webp

If it's Barry, we're doomed! McCarthy is ruled as 50/50 (according to preminjuries.com). It's likely to be 0/100 if he plays for ROI.
If McCarthy isn't fit I'd really hope we'd go Gana, Davies, Barkley as our midfield 3. 2 of Calvert-Lewis, Mirallas, Lookman, and Valencia can man the wings. Zero confidence if Barry starts at anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back