Most talented player we've had in the PL era?

Most talented player we've had in the PL era?

• Total voters
Ha true, but seen quite a few posts that said Rooney and mentioned a few others but nothing on Arteta and then ones that mentioned neither Rooney or Arteta. In my opinion, way to many mentions of Rodriguez for the little game time he had with us. Also surprised Gravesen and Stones didnt make the list....

Why? The question wasn’t “who was the best player for us” or “who made the biggest impact?”

It was who had the most talent. James is one of only 2 or 3 names who should even be in consideration.

Andrei had more talent. He wasn’t as flashy but he didn’t need to beat full backs 3 times. He just burnt them off once and they never saw him again. The entire crowd got off their seat every time he got the ball.
The noise when he thumped a shot with that power was something else too. It would echo around the ground and shake your fillings

Andrei had more talent. He wasn’t as flashy but he didn’t need to beat full backs 3 times. He just burnt them off once and they never saw him again. The entire crowd got off their seat every time he got the ball.

If you took away his blistering pace i wouldnt put kanchelskis as the most talented. More in the catergory of most dangerous. At the time we had limpar aswell and limpar had a lot more talent than kanchelskis. But you'd pick Andrei every single time because he was a wrecking ball to defences.

If you took away his blistering pace i wouldnt put kanchelskis as the most talented. More in the catergory of most dangerous. At the time we had limpar aswell and limpar had a lot more talent than kanchelskis. But you'd pick Andrei every single time because he was a wrecking ball to defences.

He could finish though, those cross field shots after running 50 meters and coming inside.

He had no fear either, he’d take any one on and have a go.

Andrei’s close control was fantastic though as well. And he was completely two footed. There is a tendency to rate inconsistent players as more talented than consistent players for some reason. I loved Limpar though.

Andrei’s close control was fantastic though as well. And he was completely two footed. There is a tendency to rate inconsistent players as more talented than consistent players for some reason. I loved Limpar though.

Its a fair point. I suppose its peoples definition of talented. I always go back to kanchelskis double at the pit. Quite rightly gets all the plaudits but it was limpar pulling all the strings.
Both great though. In hindsight i dont think we realised at the time we had possibly two world class wingers at the club.

Why? The question wasn’t “who was the best player for us” or “who made the biggest impact?”

It was who had the most talent. James is one of only 2 or 3 names who should even be in consideration.
Fully aware of the question and if it was based purely on the most talented player playing some minutes for Everton in the prem era then players like Cahill and Fergusson wouldn't be on there over players like Ginola and Gazza would win it hands down........

Fully aware of the question and if it was based purely on the most talented player playing some minutes for Everton in the prem era then players like Cahill and Fergusson wouldn't be on there over players like Ginola and Gazza would win it hands down........
Well I mean Cahill and Ferguson clearly SHOULDN’T be on the list, based on the question (and I love Cahill). As borne out by their lack of votes

Everton-Seamus-Coleman-taking-the-piss-arsenal-skills-1396821429l.gif

Was really feelin' it that day...never been like before or since.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back