Most talented player we've had in the PL era?

Most talented player we've had in the PL era?

• Total voters
Personally, I think Rooney was at his most impressive with Everton.

He went on to greater achievements and developed as a player, but for raw talent, he never bettered that pure force of nature 16 year old that burst through for us.

He was very impressive early on but that summer he took it up a notch in the euros and first game for united scored a hat trick in the CL, he was probably at his peak through those years. The goals he scored...wow.

He was very impressive early on but that summer he took it up a notch in the euros and first game for united scored a hat trick in the CL, he was probably at his peak through those years. The goals he scored...wow.
Yeah, I remember being utterly crushed by his performance in that first game for United.

But I think Ferguson tamed him - for the benefit of the team as a whole, but to the detriment of Rooney’s raw, natural ability.

Yeah, I remember being utterly crushed by his performance in that first game for United.

But I think Ferguson tamed him - for the benefit of the team as a whole, but to the detriment of Rooney’s raw, natural ability.

I agree, I think the emergence of Ronaldo didn't help either as he saw someone of equal or greater skill and it might have made him take stock.

I just don't think we can look at the goal numbers etc. and say we got the best version. He was a freak when he burst onto the scene and that raw power was a sight to behold, it's just the total game and experience wasn't there for us early on and then he was past it during his 2nd spell.

I agree, I think the emergence of Ronaldo didn't help either as he saw someone of equal or greater skill and it might have made him take stock.

I just don't think we can look at the goal numbers etc. and say we got the best version. He was a freak when he burst onto the scene and that raw power was a sight to behold, it's just the total game and experience wasn't there for us early on and then he was past it during his 2nd spell.
Well the word in question here is ‘talent,’ and in my opinion Rooney was the personification of pure, natural talent.

The best I’ve seen in a blue shirt.