MOTD - There HAS to be a kopite in the editing booth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind us being last and hardly talked about on MOTD. If they show other teams looking better than us - great!! We quietly slip under the radar, climb the league quietly and other teams think then we arnt that great.

There is a good side to the media meggin us off

This was said after the rs game when they didnt show the first goal afterwards to discuss it and only showed the second one to point out it shouldve been dissallowed for offside.

Talking of pundits, I thought Stan Collymore was pretty fair. But the Beeb has a down on us. Have you ever noticed on MOTD the discussion on an Everton game is usually done by a n other rather than Hansen.

The other thing to notice is no matter who we play we are always last!! I mean how can we be last week in week out? so yes there is definetely RS working there somewhere influincing what gets shown and when!! I just watched the highlights on Everton TV and couldnt believe what a different picture of a game i saw.. We should all make a collective complaint to the BBC "POINTS OF VIEW" lol!!!!;)

The other thing to notice is no matter who we play we are always last!! I mean how can we be last week in week out? so yes there is definetely RS working there somewhere influincing what gets shown and when!! I just watched the highlights on Everton TV and couldnt believe what a different picture of a game i saw.. We should all make a collective complaint to the BBC "POINTS OF VIEW" lol!!!!;)
why oh why would anyone complain in the style of points of view

Last on MOTD. Fair enough. It was a [Poor language removed] game.

However, the way they showed it, it was like Stoke dominated the game. The same Stoke that in the aftermatch stats had a third of the possession, and 0 shots on target.

And they make plenty of their disallowed goal but they don't even SHOW our penalty appeal. Nevermind discuss it, they didn't even bloody show it!

I know the program's never really been too keen on us (the only times we ever get decent coverage is when we shock them and beat a top side... and then they spend the post-match analysis talking about where Chelsea went wrong, or where United went wrong...), but it still, really pisses me off. Especially as they always have at least one kopite on the sofas at all times, and the closest thing we have is Lineker -- who in all my years watching it has never once even talked about Everton like he'd ever even been to the city, never mind like he'd playied for the fecking club.

I know I shouldn't get worked up, this is old news, but it still pisses me off. On the positive side though, Spuds and city both lost. That table at the end looked much beter. :p

I know just spoken to my old man on the phone and he got the same impression about the game.

When I told him there was a large number of incidents not included.

Still annoyed with the Ref not seeing the three kicks on the Yak's legs from Huth from behind.

Not shown.

I know just spoken to my old man on the phone and he got the same impression about the game.

When I told him there was a large number of incidents not included.

Still annoyed with the Ref not seeing the three kicks on the Yak's legs from Huth from behind.

Not shown.

Yep. And another thing they missed was our 3 or 4 consecutive corners where the ref blew for infringements, in favour of Stoke. Including the one where someone had Distin in a near-headlock, but Distin apparently fouled him....

There was enough material there to highlight this ref, because he had a shocker, and had it been against Chelsea, United etc, then they would have.

Yep. And another thing they missed was our 3 or 4 consecutive corners where the ref blew for infringements, in favour of Stoke. Including the one where someone had Distin in a near-headlock, but Distin apparently fouled him....

There was enough material there to highlight this ref, because he had a shocker, and had it been against Chelsea, United etc, then they would have.

I was talking to a lad in the pub from the park end and he said at one point Jags was holding onto the goal post with two stoke players pulling him off it...

almost like Jags was being pulled out to sea.

How did the ref not see that either?

I was talking to a lad in the pub from the park end and he said at one point Jags was holding onto the goal post with two stoke players pulling him off it...

almost like Jags was being pulled out to sea.

How did the ref not see that either?

All I can say, is thank **** we won anyway.

I'd have been mightily pissed if not. I mean, even from a neutral perspective, their disallowed goal was a bit silly. So the pen thing did even out, but two wrongs don't make a right -- two big wrongs make a [Poor language removed] ref.

The only time we are guaranteed to be on first is if we have played Manchester United at Old Trafford and they've won! It was business as usual when Lineker announced at the head of the show that 'All top five teams played today' FIVE? and 'We start tonight at Old Trafford.."

If you want real bias..check out ESPN's line up until the end of January 2011
Saturday 30th Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur 4:45pm

NOVEMBER

Saturday 13th Stoke City v Liverpool 4:45pm
Saturday 20th Liverpool v West Ham United 4:45pm

DECEMBER

Saturday 4th Blackpool v Manchester United 4:45pm
Saturday 11th Newcastle United v Liverpool 4:45pm
Saturday 18th Liverpool v Fulham 4:45pm

January

Saturday 1st Birmingham City v Arsenal 4:45pm
Saturday 15th West Ham United v Arsenal 4:45pm
Saturday 22nd Aston Villa v Manchester City 4:45pm

The irony / salt in the wound..the picture accompanying the fixture list if of Tim Cahill !

Last edited:

They call us Bitter..and now we have justification..if you've bought a Sky /ESPN subscription be prepared to be outraged and disgusted by the bias of the sporting media..again.

Here are Liverpool F.C's televised fixtures including today and up until January 2011

October 31st v Bolton

November 7 v Chelsa

November 13th v Stoke

November 20 v West Ham

November 28th v Spurs

December 6th v Villa

December 11th v Newcastle United

December 18th v Fulham

December 29th v Wolves

January 16th v EVERTON

January 22nd v Wolves ( again)

Disgusting!

They call us Bitter..and now we have justification..if you've bought a Sky /ESPN subscription be prepared to be outraged and disgusted by the bias of the sporting media..again.

Here are Liverpool F.C's televised fixtures including today and up until January 2011

October 31st v Bolton

November 7 v Chelsa

November 13th v Stoke

November 20 v West Ham

November 28th v Spurs

December 6th v Villa

December 11th v Newcastle United

December 18th v Fulham

December 29th v Wolves

January 16th v EVERTON

January 22nd v Wolves ( again)

Disgusting!

THE GOOD NEWS...

Thats alot of times they could be seen potentially getting beaten!

whats this all of a sudden anyway, the bias has been going on for years so have you only just noticed, you have no idea then as to the editing tricks that have been played in order to make l`pool/stevie g look like butter wouldnt melt...

Status
Not open for further replies.