Moutinho - all talk in here please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxtethBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
Everton pursue Portuguese ace

Everton have confirmed they are eyeing the capture of Portugal international Joao Moutinho from Sporting.
In Sunday’s edition of Portuguese paper A Bola, Everton director Keith Wyness confirmed The Toffees’ interest in the midfielder.
Moutinho was man-of-the-match in the opening game of Portugal’s Euro 2008 campaign and, at 21 years of age, is tipped for a huge future.
Everton need a central midfielder following the departure of Lee Carsley to Birmingham, and Wyness confirmed Moutinho is an option.
“The arrival of Joao Moutinho is a big possibility for us,” Wyness was quoted as saying in A Bola.
Sporting value Moutinho at around €20 million (£16 million), but Everton hope they can negotiate that price down with a complex bid based on future achievements.
Chelsea had also been linked with the player, who played under Luiz Felipe Scolari, but chief executive Peter Kenyon confirmed ‘Chelsea are not interested in this player’.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news if true, love the whole, we are thinking it over Wyness vibe, uh oh maybe just maybe the doom and gloom merhancts were wrong!

Last edited:
Moutinho is class, one of the brightest young players along with quaresma, nani and the likes. His capture would make me the happiest fan in all of the land.

I've got to admit I wasn't sure at first. I always thought he was your typical number 10 play maker and he did used to be in his younger years. He's completely changed his game though and has improved in alot of areas. He's an all rounder nowadays as proved in the Euros.

Class player, he'd fit into our system and he has the Everton attitude. I'd love him here to be honest. I'm a massive Fernandes fan but Moutinho would be the better option. Getting Manny migh improve our chances of getting him though as there mates. I'd like then both to be honest.

Excellent news if true. He'd be that big signing I'm looking for.

I wonder how true it is, usually if the club want to build expectations they would do it on the O.S.

How would A Bola (unfortunate name) get a quoate from Super Keith? Unless of course hes in Portugal negotiating.

I wonder how true it is, usually if the club want to build expectations they would do it on the O.S.

How would A Bola (unfortunate name) get a quoate from Super Keith? Unless of course hes in Portugal negotiating.

A Bola is supposedly quite reliable. They got a quote of Ian Ross last year when we are Loaning Fernandes back.

Everton never give away anything. I think we learned with the Sissoko and Fernandes deals that anything can happen. They'll keep everything quiet until the deal if it is true is nearly done.

He must be in Portugal though, that was the round about point i was trying to make! I mean would they phone him at the club for a quote!

Last edited:
He must be in Portugal though, that was the round about comment i was trying to make! I mean would they phone himat the club for quote!

Ah I see. I think your right, we could be in talks with him. Good news if true.

A Bola are supposedly the Portuguese equivelent of Sky or the BBC.

Ok he could be in portugal negotiating the deal for the loan keeper, surely Mouthinos name would come up in our contact with Sporting if we were intrested, by the sounds of things hes got a positive response.

A double deal for Veloso and Mouthino! id Kack myself! Lol

Last edited:

Its not like Everton to declare interest, so either Wyness knows the fans are fed up, and are giving them hope, or we are close to striking a deal, or both...

...Id prefer Veloso myself, then throw in fernandes too, have an all portugese midfield!! mwahahahaha

According to Setanta:

Everton have confirmed they are eyeing the capture of Portugal international Joao Moutinho from Sporting.

In Sunday’s edition of Portuguese paper A Bola, Everton director Keith Wyness confirmed The Toffees’ interest in the midfielder.

Moutinho was man-of-the-match in the opening game of Portugal’s Euro 2008 campaign and, at 21 years of age, is tipped for a huge future.
Everton need a central midfielder following the departure of Lee Carsley to Birmingham, and Wyness confirmed Moutinho is an option.

“The arrival of Joao Moutinho is a big possibility for us,” Wyness was quoted as saying in A Bola.

Sporting value Moutinho at around €20 million (£16 million), but Everton hope they can negotiate that price down with a complex bid based on future achievements.

Chelsea had also been linked with the player, who played under Luiz Felipe Scolari, but chief executive Peter Kenyon confirmed ‘Chelsea are not interested in this player’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back