Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
"if I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players," Everton described their former manager's offer for the pair as "derisory and insulting" but Moyes said: "I signed every player at Everton, so I know a lot about them. The bid, from Manchester United's point of view, was a private thing and if and when we make a new offer we'd keep that offer private and confidential as well. That's not our choice [to make it public]. That's up to them. You need to ask them that question. I know exactly how Everton work...I know exactly how they work"

Never forgive.

Never forget.
He will be hailed as the Messiah by the happy clappers

What has Silva done since he came here that Allardyce couldnt have done? We are still playing a crap style of football, yes its different to Allardyce, but its still crap. At least we played crap football but got results under Sam, now we play crap football and get turned over by relegation fodder at home!! We also had a bit of fight and desire which i dont see any signs of at the moment and thats what hurts the most!
It's crap 100% and I want him gone, should've never been appointed in the first place but the same can be said about Allardyce. Mate the whole stadium booed the fatty, there was no way he was staying after that season. We should be looking at Managers more qualified to manage us, instead of going after ex Wigan, Southampton, Hull, Watford managers. You say you want a manager in the same mould as Moyes, so who is it going to be? Pardew? Hughes? Allardyce? Bruce? You don't want a continental manager either so your list is going to be short.

He will be hailed as the Messiah by the happy clappers
He was responsible for dumbing down expectations.

I'll never forgive him for a few things, but uppermost is the time he came out and condemned fans for marching for new owners and to get out of the glass ceiling we kept on hitting.

Ironic now, I know. But he overstepped the mark. I broke with support of him after the 2009 final when he sat back and agreed to break up the squad for Kenwright and put all his thoughts and effort into succeeding Ferguson.

It's crap 100% and I want him gone, should've never been appointed in the first place but the same can be said about Allardyce. Mate the whole stadium booed the fatty, there was no way he was staying after that season. We should be looking at Managers more qualified to manage us, instead of going after ex Wigan, Southampton, Hull, Watford managers. You say you want a manager in the same mould as Moyes, so who is it going to be? Pardew? Hughes? Allardyce? Bruce? You don't want a continental manager either so your list is going to be short.

Yes im not saying Allardyce should have stayed on but just making the point that we have not done any better by sacking him and getting Silva. Still cant believe he hasnt been punted yet!!

When i said about the continental thing i dont mean i wouldnt want a foreign manager. I mean the continental style coaches, like Silva and Martinez towards the end, who seem incapable of inspiring the players when times are hard. There are plenty of foreign managers who are succesful in this league.

I am really hoping all this talk of Moyes is just a smokescreen and we have someone of substance lined up...(please??)... but... well this is Everton.
They will probably offer him an 11 year contract with a free get-out clause with a substantial pay-off should a "bigger" franchise make him an offer.

He was responsible for dumbing down expectations.

I'll never forgive him for a few things, but uppermost is the time he came out and condemned fans for marching for new owners and to get out of the glass ceiling we kept on hitting.

Ironic now, I know. But he overstepped the mark. I broke with support of him after the 2009 final when he sat back and agreed to break up the squad for Kenwright and put all his thoughts and effort into succeeding Ferguson.

I seem to recall even when he was still our manager on the books he was making trips to the Man U training ground and/or meeting up with SAF. Stab in the back merchant, it is no ta from me.

Getting use to the idea of this now. It would be emblematic of the failed Moshiri project to have Moyes back.

I am really hoping all this talk of Moyes is just a smokescreen and we have someone of substance lined up...(please??)... but... well this is Everton.
They will probably offer him an 11 year contract with a free get-out clause with a substantial pay-off should a "bigger" franchise make him an offer.

This. Nailed on BK is ready for the presser I always wanted Davey back.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back