• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenwright would take him back too.
Still can't believe he was treated like a king when he turned his back on us. Gold watches for him and the family, the lot. Moyes knew about United for ages, and was having us all on for at least six months, possibly longer.

...and Martinez won a cup at that point in his Wigan venture. Swings and roundabouts.

Martinez also got wigan relegated. Truth is, you may not like it. But it's still the truth. David Moyes at the moment is one of the best managers in football. You may not like to hear that, and you definately won't agree to it. But he is. And i for one wish him the best of luck with Man united. And instead of coming on here and moaning about him, i'm moving on for him and concentrating more on who we are getting then who has left us.

Still can't believe he was treated like a king when he turned his back on us. Gold watches for him and the family, the lot. Moyes knew about United for ages, and was having us all on for at least six months, possibly longer.
Denies the club getting compensation from the richest club on the planet and then gets the big send off and a say so on who succeeds him = the moment Everton finally bent the knee on the small club status others have been trying to foist on us for years. Kenwright has obliterated this club and hollowed out its credibility. I've been saying for years he's a bigger villain in our history than John Houlding...it gets truer by the passing year.

Gold watches for his family? It gets worse. Kenwright must be a masochist

Denies the club getting compensation from the richest club on the planet and then gets the big send off and a say so on who succeeds him = the moment Everton finally bent the knee on the small club status others have been trying to foist on us for years. Kenwright has obliterated this club and hollowed out its credibility. I've been saying for years he's a bigger villain in our history than John Houlding...it gets truer by the passing year.

The moment Evertonians accept a manager who has got a team relegated the previous season is the day we accept we are a small club!

With you on that, mate.

He's a modern-day [Poor language removed] Turpin, with [Poor language removed] being the operative word.

I do love the use of sarcasm. Unfortunately sarcasm doesn't work here, because the exact thing you are warning against (relegation) is basically what Martinez has achieved.
Even Stubbs has never been relegated, martinez has. And before people start, his budget is not far off Evertons (when you compare the sizes of the clubs in the top 5/6). His squad and budget was a lot stronger than the one Moyes inherited. Yet Moyes turned us into a regular top 5 side, in the same time Martinez has taken Wigan down.

It's also fine throwing names like Joe Royle about. But the club is in a different situation now to 94. In 94 we were on the brink of relegation, stranded at the bottom. We could have taken anyone. We are now a regular top 6 team. Our sites should be a lt higher.

The point about internal candidates is that, they can't be as bad as Martinez. I want us to get a top European coach in. Winning the FA cup is an irrelevence compared to ensuring league performance is adaquate (ie survival). Just look at Portsmouth.

so much wrong with this i don't know where to start

Martinez also got wigan relegated. Truth is, you may not like it. But it's still the truth. David Moyes at the moment is one of the best managers in football. You may not like to hear that, and you definately won't agree to it. But he is. And i for one wish him the best of luck with Man united. And instead of coming on here and moaning about him, i'm moving on for him and concentrating more on who we are getting then who has left us.
Being manager of United in this era you would expect that type of assessment of someone's talent...however, he is isn't one of the best managers in football. He's been brought in by SAF so he can continue to exert control on the team. And I suspect he knows that when/if Moyes comes under pressure he'll be in situ to pick up the pieces again. It looks to be a cynical move by Ferguson. I fully expect to see him in the United dug out again.

Haha, good one mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back