Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top draw boxers/briefs. Bottom draw socks.
Very small drawers or a very large number of boxers and socks?

It's okay anyway guys because Martinez is Spanish and Spaniards are the best at football. END OF
kingdom-of-belgium-map.jpg

Importantly, it's the right moment for Martinez to change clubs, its time he moved on from Wigan. He is a nice guy, loyal, cheerful and genuinely seems to be of good character. A football enthusiast who Lineker said on cup final day "never stops talking about football". Maybe its a trivial point but he turned Mcmanaman from a player we released into a player that (to me) looks like he could get into our matchday squad. With this in mind imagine what he could do with the players we've kept on like Barkley and Duffy. He has already worked with one whimsical old dreamer of a chairman so has the potential to not be surprised by Bills annoying ways and instead spend years here developing the club from top to bottom (everyone says continuity is good and we haven't got the money to be doing this new manager thing too often).
Fair points ... some of them are more why it's a good move for Martinez himself (which I don't deny) but fair enough. It does seem like he tries ... I know that sounds condescending but I don't intend it that way. There are certain managers who don't strike me as "thinkers" ... it sounds like Martinez does think a lot about the game which is obviously a good thing.

I do like this (from Bong's post):
http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/roberto-martinez-strengths-and-weaknesses/ At home, Martinez has a Tony Soprano style cinema room. He will watch the recording of a Wigan match as many as 10 times, particularly when they lose and this demonstrates the traits of a perfectionist in that he cannot move on until he is satisfied that he understands exactly why they lost; ’I have a 60-inch pen-touch screen that allows you to write on it. You link it to your computer so it becomes a 60-inch computer screen really and you can use the ProZone software with it. My wife was delighted when I had it installed, but she understands that I need that space and time to be able to come back to being myself. Once I find a solution, I’m fine. You learn more from defeats. You see how players react to situations. I don’t see it as work. I see being a football manager as a way to live. The moment you feel you need a day off, you are in the wrong business”.

Who do you want njligernj?
Executioner's Bong with me as assistant. Treble.*

All that said I haven't forgotten about ...

33681a646bf4b010826458ec5d7c28b1.wix_mp_512

*Relegation, fired and attacked in a pub by an angry mob.

Imagine it's going to be Martinez now. Best of a bad bunch really - rather him than Hughes, Bruce, O'Neill etc. Lets just get behind him if he's confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back