Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever we get in are going to have pros and cons. I'm probably in with the majority in that I'm not so sure who the right man is. Saying that it's prudent option because not one of us knows how it will roll with that new man as manager. It is going to be a tough ask to reproduce the consistency of Moyes and his proficiency in the transfer market which was key for us in the predicament we are in as a club.

There's a tendency to focus on the negatives of all of the candidates for the role and that's heightened more by those who for some reason think they know who the right man is and have gone all in behind them. It's foolish. There was not one reference to Vitor Pereira on this forum previous to May, go on search it. Only a handful of mentions of Rangnick too. So how much do you really know? Or do you just like the fact they're something unknown and different and are seduced by it?

Similar for Martinez, he's just got a team relegated and more worryingly for me four of his key players have been allowed to run down their contracts and leave for free this summer.

It's easy to focus on the negatives but whoever gets the job will need the full backing of the fanbase. None of this "he isn't who I wanted" sh*t. This is Everton not Britain's Got Talent. We've got a really important season or two coming up that will effect our short and immediate future, the last thing we need is a fractured fanbase even further.

Couldn't have put it any better myself. All this picking one candidate business and lauding him to the heavens before an appointment is made is a recipe for disaster. As soon as we lose our first game under the new man it will be 'TOLD YA WE SHOULDA GONE FOR XXXXX' etc, etc. It's the internet age I suppose. But as you have pointed out the most important thing is to fully back whoever it is. For the reasons you have given, Moyes will be a hard act to follow make no mistake.

Martinez is a disaster waiting to happen cant wait to see the Redcoats faces who support this clown when we are mid table

At the expense of having egg on my face if he does well, I'd say they'll come out and deny wanting him and simply say he wasn't their first choice. They'll hide behind 'he was better than the other candidates'. *taps nose* That seems to be the back up plan that's been floating about by the Martinez camp

Martinez is a disaster waiting to happen cant wait to see the Redcoats faces who support this clown when we are mid table

2 questions mate, what the **** is a redcoat because I have never heard of it in me life, secondly, why would you want an Everton manager to fail to prove a point?

have there been any cumbersome and cryptic translations of Portugese football websites that make even less sense once they've been translated on here today ?

2 questions mate, what the **** is a redcoat because I have never heard of it in me life, secondly, why would you want an Everton manager to fail to prove a point?
redcoat- a slang term for the British soldiers during the American revolution, the coats the soldiers wore were red because if they got shot the blood would not show which would confuse the enemy, however their bright red coats made them easy targets on the battlefield.

Couldn't have put it any better myself. All this picking one candidate business and lauding him to the heavens before an appointment is made is a recipe for disaster. As soon as we lose our first game under the new man it will be 'TOLD YA WE SHOULDA GONE FOR XXXXX' etc, etc. It's the internet age I suppose. But as you have pointed out the most important thing is to fully back whoever it is. For the reasons you have given, Moyes will be a hard act to follow make no mistake.

Exactly, we need to get behind our team and our new manager for the long term otherwise we will end up like chelsea who have a new manager every other year.

Foreign Managers to win trophies on their first job in england.

Gullit, Ramos, Hiddink, Ancelotti, Benitez, Houllier, Mourinho, Wenger, Laudrup.

That's just trophy winners.

With the exception of Laudrup all went to clubs with serious cash invested and high profiles. They were expected to winsome thing, and tonbevfair they're the type of managers who only go to clubs that have a higher than normal chance of winning sonething.
Gullit and Houllier also had awful spells at Newcastle and Villa respectively.

they used to work at Butlins mate,
they would provide low quality entertainment for the sunburnt masses and probably all hated their jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back