Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be reasonable now, Ramos was never going to take that Spurs side down.

Poor man's AVB? Pereira has them unbeaten through the season and qualified them through a tricky Champions League group this season, something AVB didn't manage when he was in charge. More like a rich man's AVB.

Was AVB's assistant before he went to Chelsea. Won the league in is very first season as a manager at Porto and is unbeaten this season and 2 points behind Benfica who they play at the weekend.

Wasnt much of a footballer, if one at all so got his badges very early on and studied the game, a la Mourinho & AVB!. Even in his 40's, he's still a student of the game and as clearly learnt well with is so far success at Porto.

He's quite literally a poor mans AVB because they sold his two best players and give him nout in return to spend, still they're unbeaten in the league, but **** it lets get Steve Bruce..

What's the calibre of their league like though? AVB went undefeated, won every cup they were in. And Benfica are top are they not? They've spent nothing either and are in a Europa League final arent they...

Hi all,

I'm a Celtic supporter who likes to see Everton do well.

Sorry to hear that you've lost Moyes - but he has left you with a very strong looking team and I have no doubts that you'll survive comfortably next season.

I'm here to talk about Neil Lennon and to try to allay the fears I've read here - he's a very good manager. I (and the vast majority of Celtic fans) would be sorry to see him leave the club at this stage. When he became Celtic manager three years ago he inherited a shocking mess, but he turned the team around immediately. He's proven to be excellent at bringing in high quality players on the cheap. Fraser Forster, Adam Matthews, Emilio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Victor Wanyama and Gary Hooper have all been very good signings for a combined fee of less than five million quid. These are all Premiership quality players, and he found them and brought them in for a pittance. He has a very good strike rate when it comes to recognising a good player.

Celtic performed far above our station in the Champions League this season (first ever away win, very good performances in 5 out of 6 group games, beat Barcelona, nearly drew at the Nou Camp) - it was a very memorable season for us in that regard. Domestically, we've been patchy. We did enough to win the league comfortably, but blew hot and cold, perhaps through player laziness because of the large points gap at the top of the league.

I'm surprised by the level of disdain shown towards Lennon from Everton fans, maybe born of an understandable ignorance of Scottish football. But know that I would be very sad to see Lennon leave Celtic, as would most others.

Good luck with the manager hunt and the coming season.

Best,
Paul

what I find interesting is that should Martinez get the job, would he play the 3 up top formation? imagine he brought in Kone with him, Remy and had Mirallas up top

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin ????

???? ???? Pienaar

Remy Kone Mirallas

crazy man

We'll play a two-man Hibbert and Heitings defence, [Poor language removed] defending, Bobby Marti couldn't care less.

Osman in midfield and 7 upfront

Laudrup for me.

A great player himself whose teams play proper football. School of Science type football. Everton type football. He was a superstar and won't be overawed by places like Old Trafford or Anfield....we might even start winning at places like that. Also its Laudrup...Players will want to play for him.

Poor man's AVB? Pereira has them unbeaten through the season and qualified them through a tricky Champions League group this season, something AVB didn't manage when he was in charge. More like a rich man's AVB.

I wonder what a rich mans Bill Kenwright would be like

DSC_0522.JPG

Vellios eat your heart out.

Laudrup for me.

A great player himself whose teams play proper football. School of Science type football. Everton type football. He was a superstar and won't be overawed by places like Old Trafford or Anfield....we might even start winning at places like that. Also its Laudrup...Players will want to play for him.

They put ten men behind the ball and hacked us to pieces when they came to goodison this year, and as for the away game their was only one team playing school of science football in that.

And as for not being overawed at anfield they lost 5-0 there, ffs.

Was AVB's assistant before he went to Chelsea. Won the league in is very first season as a manager at Porto and is unbeaten this season and 2 points behind Benfica who they play at the weekend.

Wasnt much of a footballer, if one at all so got his badges very early on and studied the game, a la Mourinho & AVB!. Even in his 40's, he's still a student of the game and as clearly learnt well with is so far success at Porto.

So...he's still the poor man's AVB.

Don't forget Chelsea paid £14million to get AVB for them to bring in a new revolution. He then went to Spurs. Had/Has a massive rep.

We'll be hoping to get the baby AVB...if AVB is the baby Mourinho...

Hi all,

I'm a Celtic supporter who likes to see Everton do well.

Sorry to hear that you've lost Moyes - but he has left you with a very strong looking team and I have no doubts that you'll survive comfortably next season.

I'm here to talk about Neil Lennon and to try to allay the fears I've read here - he's a very good manager. I (and the vast majority of Celtic fans) would be sorry to see him leave the club at this stage. When he became Celtic manager three years ago he inherited a shocking mess, but he turned the team around immediately. He's proven to be excellent at bringing in high quality players on the cheap. Fraser Forster, Adam Matthews, Emilio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Victor Wanyama and Gary Hooper have all been very good signings for a combined fee of less than five million quid. These are all Premiership quality players, and he found them and brought them in for a pittance. He has a very good strike rate when it comes to recognising a good player.

Celtic performed far above our station in the Champions League this season (first ever away win, very good performances in 5 out of 6 group games, beat Barcelona, nearly drew at the Nou Camp) - it was a very memorable season for us in that regard. Domestically, we've been patchy. We did enough to win the league comfortably, but blew hot and cold, perhaps through player laziness because of the large points gap at the top of the league.

I'm surprised by the level of disdain shown towards Lennon from Everton fans, maybe born of an understandable ignorance of Scottish football. But know that I would be very sad to see Lennon leave Celtic, as would most others.

Good luck with the manager hunt and the coming season.

Best,
Paul

Interesting. To be fair, I think signing Naismith has put us off getting anything else from Scotland.

We need someone who will commit to the football club, be happy with total control rather then funds, we need sustainability and longevity someone to manage a club not just a team.

None of these 1-2 season managers like Laudrup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back