Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez is definitely the best looking. Laudrup a close second.

Steve Clarke looks like your weird uncle and a possible future alcoholic, so it's a no thank you from me.

Erm.........
Vitor-Pereira-acknowledges-that-Porto-are-favourites-for-the-title-in-the-upcoming-season-Report-91257.jpg

HELLO!

Jesus, with some of the names that are floating around I'd more than happily take Martinez.

Just in case you're reading Bill, DO NOT HIRE LENNON.

I suspect the end of the season when every manager knows where they stand will be the time we get down to business on this.

The thought of an internal appointment is enough to give me the ****s. We need proven managerial quality, not another punt into the unknown.

Apparently Laudrup's agent has come out saying that he'll be in charge at Swansea next season and is very happy there. Quoted from Bluekipper FB, but no idea where they got that quote from.

http://www.bluekipper.com/news/club_news/6263-fans_favourite_rules_himself_out_of_everton_job.html

What choice does he have ? If he thinks we can't afford the compensation he has to say that , anyway I remember the last Swansea manager distancing himself from changing jobs .

Although I dont think we'll get him at all i also think we can't read too much into any of it as this is going to be continuous until somebody is appointed.

If Bill is looking to save as much money as possible (sounds familiar) then an internal appointment would be on the cards. The only problem being do we have anyone at the club now who could step up? I'm not so sure, but of course we won't know unless we tried.

I think Steve Clark would be a good shout. If nothing else he'll keep us steady if not spectacular, but that might be the best thing now. If you can't spend masses of money on new players, which we can't, stability is the best thing. I think he'd bring that.

I can't see Laudrup leaving Swansea after the season he's had.

As has been said, the likes of Hughes, O'Neill, Lennon etc can do one.

Takes United 2 days to get there manager...
Takes Everton at least 2 months...
To be fair Moyes probably knew about this ages ago.

Wouldn't surprise me if he'd known about it for a year, or even longer.

We can't be naive here and think him and Sir Alex don't talk outside of the fixtures between the two teams.

The thing that has annoyed me though is Moyes' smarmy replies in interviews about "let's see at the end of the season" and all that, fully in the knowledge that he was off. I blame him for us not making the top five this season.

If we get a decent replacement, I'll be made up he's gone. Played us all for right carts.

Hey, if there's a positive, lots of interest in the job, still shows we're thought of as a (kind of) big deal.

I suspect the end of the season when every manager knows where they stand will be the time we get down to business on this.

The thought of an internal appointment is enough to give me the ****s. We need proven managerial quality, not another punt into the unknown.

Who would you like at dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back