Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

"Moyes says finishing 7th would feel like winning Champions League"

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...ike-winning-champions-league-100252-28691909/

“In November or December I would have looked at getting seventh place like winning the Champions League. We have kicked on. We should never have found ourselves in the situation we were in but we did. It was difficult early on but the players have rallied round, showed their true value and how they can play. If we finish in seventh that would be great but we don’t want to get caught by the teams behind us."

Unbelievable.

*sigh*

I would say finishing 7th after been getting beat at bolton and only 3 points above relegation after that game looked like you would need a miracle and that was feb,never mind nov/dec :lol:

Poor choice of words,but yes hell of a finish. Give him break Davek, your are so negative. Sure your on the right right?

Poor choice of words,but yes hell of a finish. Give him break Davek, your are so negative. Sure your on the right right?

7th is like winning the Champions League.

I've heard it all now.

This must be like music to the ears of Billy Liar: "Moyesie's happy. Give him the same as we gave him last year...**** all"

Well how should this be taken?

However you like really as people always do.

Point being though, over the last few weeks many have chosen to disregard his view point when it comes to his support of the board, then hang on his every word when hes clearly talking in the context of being in a poor league position in Nov in comparrison to now and used the CL analogy/metaphor in that context.

Last edited:
Just smashed City, Youth Team just won the PL in their grouping, once you pass over to the dark side there is no returning.

Just say no kids!

:lol:

Seriously, though, I know what Moyes was trying to say but for a feller who says he has ambition I'm increasingly disbeleiving of it when he comes out with this crap. He's settled, imo.

Well, we did look like every bit the relegation candidate not so long ago. So to turn it around for a respectable 7th place is decent yes. I can't say it will feel like winning the Champions League, but then we've never won that so what do I know? Maybe this is what those god awful Chelsea fans at the Cup Final felt like when they beat us. Just a sort of mild satisfaction. Blerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back