Moyes tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste Stocks

Player Valuation: £500k
AS we hve all now learnt he's a defensive bugger... who plays 451 everytime...do you really think things would change if we had wingers?

id have a 4-3-3. with the front 3 being a LW ST RW..

interestingly enough, cahill doesnt feature in that formation

The problem is that a 4-5-1 can easily become a 4-3-3 and vice versa, if you have pace. And it needs to as well, or else in the event of going 4-5-1 you'll have no width or attacking dynamism and if you go 4-3-3 you may get caught out defensively.

We don't have any pace or mobility, and that's why I'm sick of seeing it.

What is it with the hatred of Tim Cahill all of a sudden? Seriously? Its not even like he had a bad season last season, he scored some crucial goals and probably moved us up about 5 positions in the table

I think Cahill suited our style of play a few years ago, when it was more kick and rush, but now we play more of a shorter passing game, when they're trying to thread the ball through and create chances, it's like hitting a brick wall when he sits behind a striker, as it only goes backwards or sideways.

It's not hatred, he's been our best player along with Mikel for the last 5-6 years. BUT, having slacked off to the Asia Cup, and got himself injured, he shouldn't have walked back into the team, especially when we were playing much better without him. We were struggling when he left, then ended up finishing 7th. Plus Scouse Iniesta (Ossie) is ace in his position.

What is it with the hatred of Tim Cahill all of a sudden? Seriously? Its not even like he had a bad season last season, he scored some crucial goals and probably moved us up about 5 positions in the table

What is it with people thinking if you don't want Cahill to start every game then you hate him?

He does what he's asked to the best of his ability. He's a good player.

But he needs a 4-5-1 and he gets a 4-5-1, and sometimes a 4-5-1 doesn't work. And so Tim Cahill, sometimes, doesn't work.

I still think Tim has a big role to play in our future. He narrows the gap when we play against better teams. Gets in their faces and disrupts the play from the front, and has the priceless ability to nick a goal from nowhere. All the so called big clubs hate playing against him. He is still the best attacking header of the ball in the prem by far. He's been out in the past, and always come back stronger, once match fit, he'll come good. Just don't think he should be an automatic starter in all games.

Not sure why people assume that Cahill is the problem tho.

Its not as if the 10 other players on the pitch play like Gods and Cahill stinks, most of the time we have 2 players having a good game and the rest stink.

Just appears that Cahill is being made scapegoat for our failings cos everybody wants to play 4-4-2, NEWSFLASH, no team in World Football plays 4-4-2 anymore.

If you look at tim cahill as a striker and not a midfielder then he can play any formation with 2 up front. I never thought he was a midfielder ever. He scores goals, ok he can tackle but he's never been a good passer particulary.

I'll just be happy if we play positive attacking footie. Thought cahill's attitude and instant reaction when he missed that sitter showed he still cares and that is all I ask for. Looks like he may be our only striker today though what with Saha crock again and Beckford still with his knee. Why oh why can we not bring the Yak back into the squad.
I'd play Howard, Phil, jags, distin, baines, ossie, barkley, arteta, fella, billy, cahill.
Give us a chance to stretch the game with width.

Its not as if the 10 other players on the pitch play like Gods and Cahill stinks, most of the time we have 2 players having a good game and the rest stink.

Just appears that Cahill is being made scapegoat for our failings cos everybody wants to play 4-4-2, NEWSFLASH, no team in World Football plays 4-4-2 anymore.

If no team plays 4-4-2 then now would be a good time to start playing it.

I'd rather us go 4-2-3-1 to be honest. Just without Cahill.

We do not have the pace or width to accommodate him or a 4-5-1 against teams content to defend.

To make up for a lack of pace the 4-2-3-1 with versatile, creative players in the midfield 3 is effective.

I'd rather us go 4-2-3-1 to be honest. Just without Cahill.

We do not have the pace or width to accommodate him or a 4-5-1 against teams content to defend.

To make up for a lack of pace the 4-2-3-1 with versatile, creative players in the midfield 3 is effective.

Looks like you'll get your wish today then, so fringers crossed.

It's not hatred, he's been our best player along with Mikel for the last 5-6 years. BUT, having slacked off to the Asia Cup, and got himself injured, he shouldn't have walked back into the team, especially when we were playing much better without him. We were struggling when he left, then ended up finishing 7th. Plus Scouse Iniesta (Ossie) is ace in his position.

is it a rubber boundary line that can be moved accordingly, that scouse limits one ?

Ossie is from Billinge mate, you can't get much woolier than there, in fact he's more Turkish than he is scouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.