Moyes to sign new 3yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all Moyes' fault that he gets no investment. 10 years of an oily rag and having to continually sell his best players because of the overheating of the transfer and wage markets by Russian and Arab billionaires. Yet he still competes with all the best sides in the league.

Sign him up and wait for someone that isn't Venky's to invest in the club.

Wenger was managing in Japan, Ferguson in Scotland, Moyes in the lower leagues. The odds might be against us but there are good managers out there who would love a chance to come to an english premier league club for the prestige and the wages and the exposure and the quality of the players.

If Moyes decides not to renew his contract, there's no reason for it to be disastrous as long as the board hire the right replacement. And I believe that there are both better and worse managers than Moyes who would come here, though obviously mroe of the latter.

It's the same as when anyone leaves the club from Rooney, Lescott and Rodwell to Moyes, Fellaini and Kenwright. Whether it's a good or bad move for the club depends almost entirely on who we can find to replace them. Until we know that, you can't say.

But the best clubs spin the wheel and don't act scared of change. See the way Ferguson and Wenger know when to move their best players on.

And rightly so, all three clubs are sticking by their men through think and thin.

I see where you're coming from, I do. But I still think that after 10 years, some are starting to 1. Take the transfer efficiency for granted and 2. Maybe as a result of 1, underestimate the rest of Moyes' ability. We're playing brilliant football. Top 4 stuff. Not something anyone outside the club looking in would associate us with and it's being translated into points. That's progress. Who'd have foreseen that 12 months ago? There's plenty more in the tank, yet.

Either way, now, of all times, is not the time to change manager so I hope to God he signs on the dotted line sooner rather than later.

Either way, now, of all times, is not the time to change manager so I hope to God he signs on the dotted line sooner rather than later.

Depends on the terms. He's already one of the top ten best paid managers in the world. If he's asking for another huge bump, to 4 or 5 million a year, then I'm not sure the board should give into it.

Depends on the terms. He's already one of the top ten best paid managers in the world. If he's asking for another huge bump, to 4 or 5 million a year, then I'm not sure the board should give into it.

I've argued with you several times about Moyes as I think he is a fantastic manager because of what he has done and what he is doing to our club despite the board but I have to agree with the above.
Having said that I would be gutted if after finally getting a side together than can properly play he was to leave.

pretty much this, moyes has done an amazing job looking at the players we had when he started but he just has not taken us on to the next level. obviously finances has been a major factor, but he has been a tad tentative, we've only really thrashed a couple of teams in his long tenure and he's never actually beaten any of the top 4 away, whilst they've been the top 4. in 10 years that's pretty bad. will obviously be sad when he eventually goes, he's been great for this club, but i won't be drowning my sorrows

Wasn't City in the top 4 when we beat them away 2 seasons ago?

Wasn't City in the top 4 when we beat them away 2 seasons ago?

Maybe Man City only qualified as a "Top 4" team last year. It's an odd stat. When a team is one of the "Top 4" teams in the premier league, they are always going to be hard to beat at home.

In recent years we've drawn 4-4 at Old Trafford, beaten City at City, had a fair few draws at Anfield, 2-2 at the Emirates.

Maybe Man City only qualified as a "Top 4" team last year. It's an odd stat. When a team is one of the "Top 4" teams in the premier league, they are always going to be hard to beat at home.

In recent years we've drawn 4-4 at Old Trafford, beaten City at City, had a fair few draws at Anfield, 2-2 at the Emirates.

We've played at a lot of those games, to be fair. The 0-0 at Chelsea where Jo missed half a dozen sitters and the 2-2 at the Emirates where Vaughan missed a sitter and they scored a deflected last minute equaliser are the two that come to mind the most for me.

We've played at a lot of those games, to be fair. The 0-0 at Chelsea where Jo missed half a dozen sitters and the 2-2 at the Emirates where Vaughan missed a sitter and they scored a deflected last minute equaliser are the two that come to mind the most for me.

Or Cahill scoring a bicycle kick to make it 1-1 at Stamford Bridge.

nothings changed lets just wait.
If moyes does intend to leave you would think he would tell BK a few months in advance so he can start looking for a new manager

I dont think europa league football will be enough this time its 4th or nothing. But you cant blame him, moyes has done everthing by the book and has been here for 11 years where as people like di matteo gets sacked from west brom, goes for the birmingham city job and desent get it, takes a lower position as coach at chelsea and then manages them to their first CL in their histroy, you couldnt make it up,
Its not just him rodgers after 1 season at swansea gets the RS job, hughton gets the norwich job after 1 season at bham.
where as moyes spends 10 years at one club and gets doesent even get an interview for the big jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.