MSP Sports Capital

Status
Not open for further replies.
to finish it?

so if we can’t afford the ground is that what we can’t afford players?

I don’t know the contract between the club and the builder. But the first round of investment went into the stadium. They’re now asking for more money and that will go into the stadium. Connecting the dots - the builder spent investment 1 and the bills are due for whatever happens next ar the stadium.

THAT IS JUST MY INFERENCE.

MSP goes to investors in America and asks for money to buy sports franchises/teams. The partners in MSP invest alongside the schlubs. The investments are structured in such a way that not all of the money is invested at once. It usually happens over 2-10 years. In this case, the money was to be invested over 3 calendar years, most likely over 30 months. The pitch is - give us $3 million, but we only need $1 million today. We’ll ask for another $1 million in the Spring of 2024 and another $1 million in the Spring of 2025.

Everton itself is worth nothing. I am sure there are assets that could be sold off but this was always about buying a team that would print money in the new stadium and be a commercial success at BMD.

Why, if what you are alleging is true, have they put further lending to the club, without any equity/board representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back