Confirmed Signing Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patterson can defend, very strong, dynamic , great athlete . Can cross, tackle , head a ball. Versatile too. On the subject of Rangers players not being up to some Everton fans standard . If he can play well in Europa league, and for his national team. I’m sure he will flourish for your club. The boy is a born winner . Ask big Duncan about Rangers standards.?
Don't get him started on Dunc!!

We have a lot of problems to address

Full backs/wing backs was one of them

Our shambles at centre back when Mina isn't in the team is certainly another one, but I'd also add the fact that although I like Allan and Doucoure as players, neither of them are particularly good at shielding the defence.

There isn't enough scope to sort both of those issues out this month, but I hope they're both on the agenda in the summer at least
I agree. We need a dominant defender with leadership and a genuine six with mobility and a creative midfielder. It's a lot to sort if we can sort one we have to hope Mina can play some part. I just never see Benitez playing a genuine three in midfield we have to hope the ten we are mooted to he loaning will also help out seemingly.

Well that is simply not true. We've just qualified from the Europa group stages for the third season in a row. We've taken some decent scalps along the way: Feyenoord, Galatasary, Standard Liege, Braga, Porto... I know that this is not the thread subject, but I just can't let such a slanderous comment go unanswered..
[/QUOTE
I'm not denying it's great achievement maybe championship standard is a bit harsh in fact u would beat everton 9 out of 10 times so fairs fair do you think Patterson will go on to make an impact for us?

In my humble opinion, even if Paterson doesn't improve he will be easily worth 20M to Everton as they are a Premiership team. The fee's Premiership teams pay are inflated, by most other league standards. Can I ask you, what is Teirney, Robertson or McGinn worth in World terms today? Care to take a guess?

Nathan Paterson will be the Scottish International right back for a Decade, for what it's worth. Premiership teams pay a fraction of what they would pay Championship Teams for similar players from any other leagues.

Paterson's current ability is more than appropriate to the fee Everton has paid. I'm old enough to remember when Dalgleish went to Liverpool... the question asked then was. Could he replace Keagan, was he fit? History tells us all how that turned out, now didn't it?

I want ti know what @Zatara thinks about this signing.

Zat is my go to guy when it comes to us signing players I have never heard off before.

Check his age and you'll have your answer lol

Its a very exciting signing and i think he will be tremendous for us.

Hoping one of the clauses Rangers put in the deal is that Coleman is sent to Celtic on a free.

Dunno if I agree, TAA and Robertson aren’t rapid, nor is Cancelo, and they’re the top 3 in the league for me

Robertson is very fast but yeah, I don’t think it’s vital to be rapid in that position, it’s more about making intelligent runs off the ball. It helps defensively if you can make quick recovery runs but you’re always going to run faster without the ball than a player that’s dribbling with the ball.

Hasn’t that been covered at least 30 times in this thread already? The captain of Rangers plays right back.
It’s more the potential by the sounds of it, so let’s just see how it goes.

True.

I accept Everton are taking a punt. If he turns out to be the player Tonstrz73 says, he is then Everton will have landed a real bargain. If he turns out to be a Poundshop Alan Hutton then Everton will have wasted ten million pounds.

My point was I dont see how many people can have such a strong opinion on someone who has hardly played for TRIFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back