Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forest are within earshot of actually qualifying for playoffs, though.

Are we loaning him to the PL as we'd be in the Championship anyway?
None of those things will happen. Forest will stay a Chamoionship team and we'll in all likelihood remain a PL team.

Why do people seem to hate this lad? He’s arguably the most exciting signing we’ve made in many years.
Arguably not even close really, I remember the excitement for a lot of fans when we signed, Richarlison, Allan, Rodriguez.
I hope I’m wrong but it wouldn’t surprise me if he had less starts than Sidibe before being sold on.
Pre-season will be his time, when Frank has time to bring in some of his own and mould the squad his way, we’ll see then if he has a future here.
Any manager, in reality, would be mad to risk their career by playing a kid in our position.
It’s not Footy Manager for Frank Lampard this.

Arguably not even close really, I remember the excitement for a lot of fans when we signed, Richarlison, Allan, Rodriguez.
I hope I’m wrong but it wouldn’t surprise me if he had less starts than Sidibe before being sold on.
Pre-season will be his time, when Frank has time to bring in some of his own and mould the squad his way, we’ll see then if he has a future here.
Any manager, in reality, would be mad to risk their career by playing a kid in our position.
It’s not Footy Manager for Frank Lampard this.

I think we’re talking about different types of exciting here.

I've said what I think would be ideal (if we stay up): get rid of Kenny; buy a new RB; keep Coleman as the number 2 RB for next season; see if Patterson has oushed on to become a more rounded player in the Championship, and if he has - bring him back the following season to compete for the RB slot here and ease Coleman out.
Loaning out your best right back. Genius! lol Who is Everton going to bring in that's better than Patterson like? Silly boy. You already have two utter pish right backs as it is (Coleman, Kenny) and you want to buy even more.

Loaning out your best right back. Genius! lol Who is Everton going to bring in that's better than Patterson like? Silly boy. You already have two utter pish right backs as it is (Coleman, Kenny) and you want to buy even more.
I dont expect someone who watches football in a backwater league to understand.

This is Everton business.

Will be our starting right back next season in the Championship. Dobbin, Onyego, Branthwaite and a few Chelsea loanees aswell.......

I'd honestly give him a try against West Ham, we're conceding for fun away from home, so he will hardly weaken us defensively, conceded 9 in our last 2 away games,. I just feel that his pace would give opposing teams something to think about. I'd also play Godfrey at left back and bring in Branthwaite alongside Keane in a back 4. If nothing else we would have pace down either flank, which would give West Ham something to think about.

If it doesn't work out, the probability was that we would lose this game anyway and it would, at least, have given Coleman rest and given Patterson a chance to show us if he really is as bad defensively as @davek would have us believe.
Agree at this stage and especially away from home against West Ham we have very little to lose. Burnley may be a different matter but let's give them a go the left back too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back