Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Where apart from at FB has there been a renaissance of Scottish talent?

Well they made the Euro's and are two games away from the World Cup

Meanwhile Rangers made a major European Final

Plenty of Scottish players making a living in the top two tiers of English football as well, and there is some good non-Scottish talent playing in the Scottish Premier League that could do a job down here in England

This idea that we can never ever look at signing a Scottish player anymore, or a player that came to prominence in the Scottish League itself, is absolute bunkum and we'd do well to do away with it IMO

It's a totally viable place to get players from and Scottish players themselves are earning their keep down here and will continue to do so

Well they made the Euro's and are two games away from the World Cup

Meanwhile Rangers made a major European Final

Plenty of Scottish players making a living in the top two tiers of English football as well, and there is some good non-Scottish talent playing in the Scottish Premier League that could do a job down here in England

This idea that we can never ever look at signing a Scottish player anymore, or a player that came to prominence in the Scottish League itself, is absolute bunkum and we'd do well to do away with it IMO

It's a totally viable place to get players from and Scottish players themselves are earning their keep down here and will continue to do so

There' a trickle of Scottish talent making their way into the PL.

There's no need to over-egg the pudding.

I'd like to see him stay and work under Cole to get them.

…he’s only just out of youth football, his defensive work will improve over time playing and training with seasoned professionals and international footballers. Saying that, he’s nowhere as bad as @davek says, indeed he’s currently a better defender than JJK (I appreciate that’s a low bar).

Dave is in awe of Andy Robertson, but I had connections with Hull when he was really struggling defensively. I recall them dropping him after he conceded penalties in 3 consecutive games.

Its all about blend and partnership in those wide areas (as we saw with Baines/Pienaar). This lad is very comfortable in possession and he delivers quality in the top third. It’s great if he links with somebody on the same wavelength as they could be quite formiddable.

Last edited:

…he’s only just out of youth football, his defensive work will improve over time playing and training with seasoned professionals and international footballers. Saying that, he’s nowhere as bad as @davek says, indeed he’s currently a better defender than JJK (I appreciate that’s a low bar).

Dave is in awe of Andy Robertson, but I had connections with Hull when he was really struggling defensively. I recall them dropping him after he conceded penalties in 3 consecutive games.

Its all about blend and partnership in those wide areas (as we saw with Baines/Pienaar). This lad is very comfortable in possession and he delivers quality in the top third. It’s great if he links with somebody on the same wavelength as they could be quite formiddable.

I'm really hopeful about him mate, same as I was when people initially slated mykolenko, it's the type of recruitment we need to have - a blend of young players with a lot of potential, and seasoned players with the right attitude or with a point to prove.

Basically was the blueprint of the 80s squad that.

I wanted Everton to get Robertson.

Another one I got wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back