Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t doubt it, but it seems pretty clear that there’s something about him (currently) that managers aren’t convinced about. I mean it could be a coincidence, but at some point you have to start thinking maybe he really isn’t ready yet.
He's a talented youngster who has came in at a chaotic time where either the Manager is trying to save his job, trying to impress to get the job or just in the door and wanting to get off to a good start in the job,in every case they are going to go with experience in defence.
Now Lampard is in place and he implements his style of play, I'm sure he'll get NP in there sooner rather than later. (won't be surprised if his pal Billy Gilmour is at Everton next season as well)

He could yet turn out to be a great long-term investment, but even if that's the case, a direct replacement for Coleman should have been bought alongside him.
Shows just how half arsed the club is run - wasting a loan spot on el ghazi and blowing the rest of our money on a project for rb when a starting rb has been needed for years. We could have got this kid or another this coming summer and spent the money or the loanspot on someone for the here and now - we've only needed a starter for 4yrs now.

On behalf of half the forum, can just say soz @davek . It appears you were right
Really? How so?
Wasn't Taveneir their captain and already providing lots of assists and goals over the past couple of seasons ? he had 19 goals and 16 assists last season....

You'd have to be mental to drop a player in that kind of form
Yep. You're totally right, and this has been mentioned quite a few times here. It's also been mentioned that a lot of Rangers fans had been screaming for Patterson to start over Tav on quite a few occasions when Tavernier's form dipped (which it does regularly). The situation was similar to here at Everton,the guy in NP's position was the club captain. I would go so far as to suggest that it has been the fact that NP was pressing for a first team start, week in, week out, has pushed Tavernier to return those stats over the last few seasons. Rangers went undefeated in the league last year, it would take a brave (or daft) manager to drop the captain when you haven't lost a league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back