Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a mate get his knickers in a twist on this subject, saying "He's just a kid, and probably isn't ready for a relegation fight". Well yeah, the problem is that we need someone that is able to hack a relegation fight. When money is supposedly tight, why have we obsessed over someone that couldn't get a game for Rangers and isn't even capable of replacing a God-awful Coleman? Why not spend it on someone that is actually capable of replacing the Seamus Coleman, who is one of the worst fullbacks in the Premier League?

This looks like yet another cock up from Moshiri, yet again. We have somehow managed to come out of the January transfer window with a weaker defence than what it was prior. Further downgrades after years of downgrading.

Take Keane out of that immediately. He was absolutely dreadful last night. Playing blind passes into trouble first 5 minute. Turns slower than milk. Bottling 50/50 challenges, he was good in the air that’s about it.
I agree with you, but somehow he's been a mainstay of the defence for five successive managers. He won't be going anywhere any time soon.

I've had a mate get his knickers in a twist on this subject, saying "He's just a kid, and probably isn't ready for a relegation fight". Well yeah, the problem is that we need someone that is able to hack a relegation fight. When money is supposedly tight, why have we obsessed over someone that couldn't get a game for Rangers and isn't even capable of replacing a God-awful Coleman? Why not spend it on someone that is actually capable of replacing the Seamus Coleman, who is one of the worst fullbacks in the Premier League?

This looks like yet another cock up from Moshiri, yet again. We have somehow managed to come out of the January transfer window with a weaker defence than what it was prior. Further downgrades after years of downgrading.
Thing is so, how will we know unless we try?

You don't get through the academy up at Rangers by being some half assed wussy

He might have a bit of fight about him, he's definitely got talent, as seen in the u23s

We really needed someone to go in straight away. Maybe Benitez convinced the board we would start climbing when injured players returned so we took a punt. looks like another massive error of judgement from all involved again if this lad doesn't start getting minutes. Neither Kenny or Coleman are good enough.

Really? How so?
Yep. You're totally right, and this has been mentioned quite a few times here. It's also been mentioned that a lot of Rangers fans had been screaming for Patterson to start over Tav on quite a few occasions when Tavernier's form dipped (which it does regularly). The situation was similar to here at Everton,the guy in NP's position was the club captain. I would go so far as to suggest that it has been the fact that NP was pressing for a first team start, week in, week out, has pushed Tavernier to return those stats over the last few seasons. Rangers went undefeated in the league last year, it would take a brave (or daft) manager to drop the captain when you haven't lost a league game.
State of this feller here justifying him to us.

Imagine one of us going on an Arsenal forum or City forum to defend some player who'd wanted to leave us and we'd just had asset stripped.

Incredible.

No problem.

I've seen his defensive direness with my own eyes, and I've had it confirmed by someone I know connected with the club that they have been alarmed at his defending in training.

My guess is he gets loaned out for experience this summer.

Well I've been alarmed by our defending in actual competitive football matches all season

Thing is so, how will we know unless we try?

You don't get through the academy up at Rangers by being some half assed wussy

He might have a bit of fight about him, he's definitely got talent, as seen in the u23s
Same as we do with anyone else? Nobody's advocating playing Joe Anderson at left back are they? Why don't we just give him a try, see if he's any good? Because we employ coaches and managers to make those decisions, that's why. I'm not saying they're making the right decision, just that the 'how will we know' argument doesn't really stand up to any level of scrutiny.

Same as we do with anyone else? Nobody's advocating playing Joe Anderson at left back are they? Why don't we just give him a try, see if he's any good? Because we employ coaches and managers to make those decisions, that's why. I'm not saying they're making the right decision, just that the 'how will we know' argument doesn't really stand up to any level of scrutiny.
You're right, but he seemed decent in the U23s, certainly a level above the rest of the players there.

Secondly, he can't be any f'in worse can he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back