Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem.

I've seen his defensive direness with my own eyes, and I've had it confirmed by someone I know connected with the club that they have been alarmed at his defending in training.

My guess is he gets loaned out for experience this summer.
true-story-long-nose.gif

I've had a mate get his knickers in a twist on this subject, saying "He's just a kid, and probably isn't ready for a relegation fight". Well yeah, the problem is that we need someone that is able to hack a relegation fight. When money is supposedly tight, why have we obsessed over someone that couldn't get a game for Rangers and isn't even capable of replacing a God-awful Coleman? Why not spend it on someone that is actually capable of replacing the Seamus Coleman, who is one of the worst fullbacks in the Premier League?

This looks like yet another cock up from Moshiri, yet again. We have somehow managed to come out of the January transfer window with a weaker defence than what it was prior. Further downgrades after years of downgrading.

I know a few Rangers fans who have all said that Patterson is better than their current right back but Tavernier is the captain of Rangers and that’s why he didn’t get a chance in front of him.

If that is the case then I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s a bad buy, especially when we haven’t seen him play yet.

I think the logic so far has been that we are struggling and we needed either Coleman’s experience or just that we need his captain’s head on the pitch.

Hopefully Frank will now see that this logic is wrong and Coleman isn’t up to the standard any longer (hasn’t been for a while) and we can’t keep playing him just because he’s captain. I would rather us play Patterson over Coleman as Patterson ain’t going to improve by sitting on our bench watching an aged Coleman get ruined by wingers week in, week out.

State of this feller here justifying him to us.

Imagine one of us going on an Arsenal forum or City forum to defend some player who'd wanted to leave us and we'd just had asset stripped.

Incredible.
??? you're bitterness against all things Rangers is astounding, and hilarious. Must be tiring to be so angry. All I'm doing is responding to criticisms that don't seem fair or justified.
How can you have a source at Rangers when the club seems to illicit such a hatred in you? Seems unlikely.

I know a few Rangers fans who have all said that Patterson is better than their current right back but Tavernier is the captain of Rangers and that’s why he didn’t get a chance in front of him.

If that is the case then I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s a bad buy, especially when we haven’t seen him play yet.

I think the logic so far has been that we are struggling and we needed either Coleman’s experience or just that we need his captain’s head on the pitch.

Hopefully Frank will now see that this logic is wrong and Coleman isn’t up to the standard any longer (hasn’t been for a while) and we can’t keep playing him just because he’s captain. I would rather us play Patterson over Coleman as Patterson ain’t going to improve by sitting on our bench watching an aged Coleman get ruined by wingers week in, week out.

Yeah I keep hearing this, that he keeps being benched despite being the best player around. I hope there’s some truth in it, and not some excuse like Bilyaletdinov being ‘tired’ for 2 and a half years.

??? you're bitterness against all things Rangers is astounding, and hilarious. Must be tiring to be so angry. All I'm doing is responding to criticisms that don't seem fair or justified.
How can you have a source at Rangers when the club seems to illicit such a hatred in you? Seems unlikely.
My own bitterness to Rangers is pretty bad I must admit, but I have zero worries about Patterson, proper athlete him, has everything needed to be a top player. He will get his chance soon.

No problem.

I've seen his defensive direness with my own eyes, and I've had it confirmed by someone I know connected with the club that they have been alarmed at his defending in training.

you think playing Townsend at left wing back is a better solution than playing this kid who has had several appearances for Rangers at right back / left back ? I think we can count ourselves lucky Eddie Howe didnt switch Saint Maximin over to their right flank the minute he saw our line up.

No problem.

What do we use for a RB then ?

Yeah I keep hearing this, that he keeps being benched despite being the best player around. I hope there’s some truth in it, and not some excuse like Bilyaletdinov being ‘tired’ for 2 and a half years.

He’s somehow found himself behind the captain at Rangers and now us. The difference being that our captain should be a figurehead these days and not a starter.

He should have played in the cup game.

One of the negatives of us playing wing backs is that neither of the ones we have played can actually attack...Second half last night we were non-existent as Coleman and Townsend didn't have the legs to get up the pitch.
+ If we do get Myko and Patterson attacking then you need 3 GOOD centre backs, we don't even have 1 at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back