Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on they've had a couple of games its quite obvious they need a good booing, what a waste of money, boooooo, fleeced us left right and centre boooooo, another waste of money boooo. FFS!!!!

With the mentors available to them, these young fullbacks are in the perfect place to develop into top class players. I certainly wouldn't bet against them both becoming key players for us in the future.

The transition from the established old guard to the new is always tricky, especially with these lads being as young as they are. I'd rather we took this route than say, the Newcastle route of signing old established players on big wages. Trippier is a good player now, but in a couple of years when he's in his mid thirties and still pulling north of 150k per week, I'm sure we will be glad of our young fullbacks.

We got absolutely fleeced by rangers for Patterson and Kiev for mylenko. Sincerely hope both lads make it but they are a fair way off given our dire need for full backs
I know you and many other members of our esteemed fan base are dying to write off yet more Everton players, but Patterson hasn’t even kicked a ball for us so it just makes you look stupid.

Ben Foster couldn’t have been more right.

Maybe but who knows If we are safe with 4/5 games to go and he starts to plan for next season.
I wouldn't see that as a reason to take the foot off the gas. Lampard will want to get as many points as possible and would more likely send Patterson out on loan next season.

That's my hope, tbf. People think I have something against him, but I openly acknowledge he is fine attacking-wise but is nowhere at the races defensively. I think his managers here so far see that.

Coleman went out to Blackpool and added defending to his game. Patterson cant learn on the job here either. He simply has to drop down a level next season.

I wouldn't see that as a reason to take the foot off the gas. Lampard will want to get as many points as possible and would more likely send Patterson out on loan next season.

That's my hope, tbf. People think I have something against him, but I openly acknowledge he is fine attacking-wise but is nowhere at the races defensively. I think his managers here so far see that.

Coleman went out to Blackpool and added defending to his game. Patterson cant learn on the job here either. He simply has to drop down a level next season.
Is it better that he learns defending from Ashley Cole and Leighton Baines, or some no-mark 'coach' at the likes of Salford FC?

Also, who is our RB next season as I sure as hell don't want to see a decrepit Coleman patrolling the flanks? JJK or are we buying someone, or another square peg in a round hole like Godfrey?

Is it better that he learns defending from Ashley Cole and Leighton Baines, or some no-mark 'coach' at the likes of Salford FC?

Also, who is our RB next season as I sure as hell don't want to see a decrepit Coleman patrolling the flanks? JJK or are we buying someone, or another square peg in a round hole like Godfrey?
You dont learn at FF, you learn in game on a competitive match day.

And in answer to your other question: Coleman is far from decrepit. He's just put in three 90 minute performances in 8 days.

He couldn't get in the Rangers team either so it shouldn't be a shock that he's not an instant starter for us, particularly since he was a recent signing by the outgoing manager and the new manager might not know enough about him yet.

lampard has already said he's not gonna chuck the fella in the deep end and is going to give him time to improve and work his way into the first team

im pretty sure he will get a chance to showcase his abilities in the fa cup which could lead to further appearances down the line depending on how he performs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back