2023/24 Neal Maupay

All this niggly behaviour and winding people up is what I was promised when he came here. “Nightmare to play against”. Didn’t see any of that. Was all smiles and scuffed shots. Maybe he thought it was unbecoming behaviour at a new club 🤷‍♂️. I’d have taken to him much more if he had been a snidey little nuisance. His goal involvement statistics appear to correlate exactly to how much of a tit he is being. But you can’t behave like that when you are playing crap.

2026, June.
2024:
Gomes, Alli, Coleman, Young, Danjuma (loan), Lonergan, Harrison (loan)

- I would say goodbye to all of these. I imagine though that Young will get another year, but definitely no need to be keeping both him and Coleman.

2025:
Godfrey, Keane, Doucoure, DCL, Gueye, Holgate, Dobbin, Virginia

- This summer, I'd like to see Dobbin, Gueye (one year), Doucoure (one year), Virginia and Godfrey offered extensions. Attempt to sell Holgate and Keane but likely end up loaning out then releasing.

2026:
Tarkowski, Mykolenko, Maupay, Garner

- This summer offer Garner an extention until 2027, can decide on Mykolenko in a year's time and see how Tarkowski is performing a year from now with him likely to stay past 2026.

2024:
Gomes, Alli, Coleman, Young, Danjuma (loan), Lonergan, Harrison (loan)

- I would say goodbye to all of these. I imagine though that Young will get another year, but definitely no need to be keeping both him and Coleman.

2025:
Godfrey, Keane, Doucoure, DCL, Gueye, Holgate, Dobbin, Virginia

- This summer, I'd like to see Dobbin, Gueye (one year), Doucoure (one year), Virginia and Godfrey offered extensions. Attempt to sell Holgate and Keane but likely end up loaning out then releasing.

2026:
Tarkowski, Mykolenko, Maupay, Garner

- This summer offer Garner an extention until 2027, can decide on Mykolenko in a year's time and see how Tarkowski is performing a year from now with him likely to stay past 2026.

We’re stuck with him till 2026? Thelwell has blood on his hands here.

All this niggly behaviour and winding people up is what I was promised when he came here. “Nightmare to play against”. Didn’t see any of that. Was all smiles and scuffed shots. Maybe he thought it was unbecoming behaviour at a new club 🤷‍♂️. I’d have taken to him much more if he had been a snidey little nuisance. His goal involvement statistics appear to correlate exactly to how much of a tit he is being. But you can’t behave like that when you are playing crap.
He’s the polar opposite of a nightmare to play against, he’s a decent defenders wet dream…
Weak
Slow
Small
Atrocious finisher