Neil Robinson RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's really sad news, one of the players I remember from when I first started going to the match. I remember him blasting in that goal versus Chelsea, but wasn't he involved in some bizarre incident in one of the league cup final replays v Villa when the referee stopped the game after realising that both Robinson and Terry Darracott were both wearing the same numbered jersey?! I think Daracott had to go and change into a jersey with No.3 on it?

Really sad about this, not just the EFC aspect but I've often considered him to be a pioneer as a vegan sportsman. Considering its a very easy and mainstream life style these days to have adopted it back then was really a commitment.

Does anyone know, did he play for Grimsby against Everton in the league Cup?

Really sad about this, not just the EFC aspect but I've often considered him to be a pioneer as a vegan sportsman. Considering its a very easy and mainstream life style these days to have adopted it back then was really a commitment.

Does anyone know, did he play for Grimsby against Everton in the league Cup?
He wasn't in that Grimsby team that beat us at Goodison, but I remember him playing against us for Swansea in the game when Bob Latchford came back to Goodison with the Swans and scored a late consolation goal for them in front of the Gwladys, the roar for that nearly being as loud as it was for the Everton goals!

That's really sad news, one of the players I remember from when I first started going to the match. I remember him blasting in that goal versus Chelsea, but wasn't he involved in some bizarre incident in one of the league cup final replays v Villa when the referee stopped the game after realising that both Robinson and Terry Darracott were both wearing the same numbered jersey?! I think Daracott had to go and change into a jersey with No.3 on it?
Yes Neil played in the third game versus Villa atOld Trafford, not sure about the other two games.

Yes Neil played in the third game versus Villa atOld Trafford, not sure about the other two games.
That's right though he played in one of the semis against Bolton, home game I think. He had Mick Bernard, Dave Jones and Terry Darracott ahead of him that season so didn't get many games. For the third game with Villa, Bernard and Jones were injured, recent signing Pejic was cup-tied so Darracott played left-back with Neil at right-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.