Neville signs new 4 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't pointing at you per se as just the general amount of negative Neville posts.

I thought the contract was too long but I don't have a problem with him staying on.

Agreed, I'm not his biggest fan but I don't like people questioning his loyalty. He loves playing here.

BREAKING NEWS:

Everton have just signed Brick Wall to a new four year deal. Competition was tight as both Newcastle and Arsenal were sniffing around.

Moyes was quoted as saying that though Brick isn't the most mobile player he's ever had, you know what you're going to get from him and there are very few opposing players that will "run through him" to get the ball.

Well done Davie.

(Welcome to GOT JTalent1878)

So basically we are going to be having the same debate for the next 4 years. The majority of posters (or so it seems) pissed off that despite being a nice honest loyal player he isn't good enough and whether it be right back or even worse midfield Phil Nevilla will be ourt weakest link and one of the biggest reasons or scapegoats why we dont move on as a team.

Great. We sure as hell aren't going to sign a better rb than him cause Moyes wont drop him, and surely if he continues to play in midfield and cost us points there is gonna be a backlash against him, fans are gonna get pissed off with a substandard player playing only because he is the bosses favourite, especially when it is detrimental to the team.

Lets face it hes a media genious says alot with no real substance a career in poltics beckons. Has anyone thought, that its a contract extention rather then a pay increase or anything like that. His value lies in setting the tone behind the scenes and hes not as bad as people are making out, frankly i think its quite dissapointing.

I cant believe we can have a thread with some begrudgeing hom a contract and at the same time a thread on te form, where people are defending Van De Meyde. Just warrped!

I think why he slapped a 4 year contract on him is to stop farting around with "Give him a extra year or not" when it runs out because it isnt good for a player that age who, like Carsley, might want to move on and doesnt want to be hanging around thinking that he's not going to get a game this season.

I think Moyes had learnt his lesson with Stubbs and is now giving out contract extrenison to ones he feels want it and will work for the team.

Neville is 100% blue. He loves the club, the fans, and is proud to be our captain.
I love this quote - "Loyalty is a big thing in my life and this is the only club that I want to play for."

The fact that Carsley has left, he's the senior player in the squad. I think we'll be blooding youth acadamy players (which I think all clubs will be doing minus Chelsea) this season due to having 7 subtitutes on the bench which means he's the one the players will listen to and follow. It sends out a great message to those kids.

I wont be surprised if he end up as backroom staff, which I think Stubbsy will come back to do also.

I understand his limitations and peoples frustrations with him. He's lost in midfield but to be honest, we've got nobody but him to put in that position when the squad is thin. IMO he's our 1st choice right back, and I bet you if you looked at the stats we won more games with him there than we did with Hibbo there.

He also played almost every single game last year and the year before that. The only one that came close is Lescott. And we did alright didnt we?

And too say he didnt earn it, how do you earn it? Who in the current squad has earned to be captain or would be captain? Neville is captain material.

I dont think he'd be too arsed about being a squad player in a season or 2 time, he'd have an eye on something else to do within the club. And yeah, I dont think you're top 4 or your teams who are throwin 10mill at players (Spurs or maybe Pompy) would want him, but I'm sure the majority would.

I believe Shandy has been given an extension after yet another promising pre season...

Seriously though, Neville loves the club, he's one of the few in the team who says it how it is in the press and speaks out with a bit of intelligence, he's played at the highest level and will give it his all.
Even though hes not the most gifted player we've got, he's willing to sweat blood and that why he's captain, I'd prefer him at right back though.
Who else would be as a good a captain as Phil out of the current set up?

I believe Shandy has been given an extension after yet another promising pre season...

Seriously though, Neville loves the club, he's one of the few in the team who says it how it is in the press and speaks out with a bit of intelligence, he's played at the highest level and will give it his all.
Even though hes not the most gifted player we've got, he's willing to sweat blood and that why he's captain, I'd prefer him at right back though.
Who else would be as a good a captain as Phil out of the current set up?

Joleon Lescott...

Why? Because he's a modal professional, because he's our most consistent player and because he drives us forward when we need it most.

He's not as vocal as Neville but he's still vocal and he's got a presence about him. He should be captain with someone like Cahill as vice captain.

pointless, chaps.

neville is the captain.

so as much posting and posturing is never going to change the fact.

How many of you got all excited seeing the yellow ticker on SSN yesterday, and when it scrolled, and said Neville 4 years, were a little gutted? Now this isn't a pop at Neville at all, but more a pop at those in charge of bringing new faces in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back