Neville Southall

Status
Not open for further replies.
This - the whole post.

But the bolded bit, well, I'm going to go and lie down in a darkened room and cry into some Belgian beer while watching youtube videos of us in the '80's doing just that. It may be cathartic, it may completely break my spirit.

We'll see.........
in southalls book felt a bit sorry for him how kendall had treated him. Could have kept Southall as number 1 for a few more years IMO. And asked HIM to pick his replacement.

in southalls book felt a bit sorry for him how kendall had treated him. Could have kept Southall as number 1 for a few more years IMO. And asked HIM to pick his replacement.
Read his book last month - that was Howard's style and all managers will do that at some point.

Thing's would've been very different if we'd signed Nigel Martyn in 1995/6. Imagine those two spurring eachother on -obviously Martyn would've won ultimately after 4 or so seasons by virtue of being the younger man, but at least Big Nev would've had a proper replacement.

I'd like to see Big Dunc invite Big Nev into the changies at half time when we're playing badly and see what happens.....

Read his book last month - that was Howard's style and all managers will do that at some point.

Thing's would've been very different if we'd signed Nigel Martyn in 1995/6. Imagine those two spurring eachother on -obviously Martyn would've won ultimately after 4 or so seasons by virtue of being the younger man, but at least Big Nev would've had a proper replacement.

I'd like to see Big Dunc invite Big Nev into the changies at half time when we're playing badly and see what happens.....
Would have been awesome.

Was also very surprised by his sort of fall out with Joe Royle, but heard from a few people Royle is one of them type of characters

Still mad though, two big legends.

Would have been awesome.

Was also very surprised by his sort of fall out with Joe Royle, but heard from a few people Royle is one of them type of characters

Still mad though, two big legends.
Conversely, I've heard that Joe is sound - perhaps you can't account for personality clashes? I also read that the pair of them sorted their differences outa s far as I remember so best not to delve into personal stuff really. Domestics and all that lol

Conversely, I've heard that Joe is sound - perhaps you can't account for personality clashes? I also read that the pair of them sorted their differences outa s far as I remember so best not to delve into personal stuff really. Domestics and all that lol
yeah apparently southall rang him up and apologised if he caused him offence but haven't met since but yeah i guess it's strange what goes on in football.

by one of them characters i meant he says what he thinks no matter what, not that he wasn't sound haha

Status
Not open for further replies.