New captain required? (Post West Ham Poll)

Do we need a new captain?

• Yes

Votes: 199 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Phil Neville on toast

Votes: 19 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

Player Valuation: £8m
Whatever Martinez' faults, he can't be organising us on the field and backing our players up when decisions don't go their way. Two games in a row we've had someone booked for not piping down. Can Jags sort it out, or do we need someone else to step into his shoes?

We probably do, but there's nobody to replace him with. I would have said McCarthy but he isn't what we need right now, feel he's a few years away.

rom carried us today like a captain should. our captain stood there and watched west ham take short corner after short corner after short free kick with players' back's turned without a whisper.

even robles had more to say than him.

jagielka doesn't get ahead of alcaraz in our starting XI atm for me - he's been utterly abysmal.

give it to baines, might up his performance from the last few weeks. he's no loud voice either, but he can actually lead us on the pitch.

He does organise us mate, thats why we have training.

If he wants this type of barce play the back four need to be 15 yeards up the pitch, a tight compact unit ofdefense midfield and attack to constantly press.

The defence are to far detached from the midfield and the opposition are having acres of space, as evident tonight, they had the freedom to turn and run at us. 11 corners in the first half wasn't it, never seen an home side conceed that many

83.3% yes. He is no captain for me, anyone see the interview then...
Didn't see any fight, leadership in him and couldn't even look the interviewer in the eyes. Sort it out ffs.

I'd give the armband to one of the corner flags before I gave it to that divvy Jagielka.

No fight, no spirit, no future at Everton FC hopefully.

For the faults Martinez has shown this season, that game just nailed it for me that Jags or any of the players are not organising it on the field.

Its as clear as day. Its corners and set pieces, crosses time and time again. No one takes responsibility. No one barking to mark a player. Nothing.

He needs to watch some video of Tony Adams ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.