New Everton Kit Design Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice kit.

Price gone up again for my lad though - £75 without any numbers or a name, £91 with both. Pretty horrific for an 8 year old , especially when he usually wants all 3 kits. £273 for all 3

Nice kit.

Price gone up again for my lad though - £75 without any numbers or a name, £91 with both. Pretty horrific for an 8 year old , especially when he usually wants all 3 kits. £273 for all 3

Just tell him he’ll get what he’s given. Last years training top.

Normally get the home and away and just wear them at the gym but am categorically not wearing angry birds on my sleeve this year. I’m a 27 year old bloke.

They should just use Angry Birds as the main sponsor on the kids tops imo

I have no idea why they pick football to advertise Angry Birds. Anyone older than 15 should really not care about some child game, let alone some guy who drinks at a pub.

I gamble on occasion and drink on occasion.

There are ~600,000 dependent drinkers in the UK
There are ~400,000 problem gamblers in UK
That's more people with a drink problem, for those keeping track.

There are ~14.5 alcohol related deaths per 100,000 population in UK per annum
There are ~16 suicides per 100,000 population in UK per annum.

So unless all of those suicides are gambling-related and NONE are alcohol related, then it's a bigger problem there too.

Alcohol costs the NHS ~£3.5 billion per annum.

The gambling industry in UK nets ~$14bn in "winnings" from its customers, before taking out expenses, running costs, taxation etc.

The alcohol industry rakes in ~£65 billion per annum.

Neither is exactly squeaky clean, but to pillory the club for accepting a gambling sponsor while being totally accepting of an alcohol company is ridiculous, tbh.
You can pick and choose any statistics you like to prove ones own case. You can also bend and colour them as you like. For example, dependent gamblers are pretty obvious because normally they're the ones having their families turfed out because the family home has been possessed. A dependent drinker won't necessarily lose the family home. Let's also relate those figures by looking at how long each has been normalised in society, by which I mean how long they have been advertised for. Beer - all my life. Gambling - Tony Blaire (the pillock) legalised advertising to gain more tax.
Given the short time those adverts have had in making an effect, I'd say your figures could show a horrific growth in gambling problems.
Ask yourself - where are gambling shops sited? Surbiton? Mayfair? No, mate, shopping parades where poor and more likely desperate people are hoping that a cast of the dice might fix their problems. They are cynical manipulative businesses and they know full well that they target those who can least afford to lose, because they're desperate enough to come back for more.

Sure alcohol costs the NHS, but then alcohol is massively taxed in the UK so I would expect it pays for far more than it costs.

Having said all this, I'd still rather not be advertising alcohol, not anything else on our shirts. It's visual litter, and given the enormous and immoral amount I'd net sloshing around in football, it's there for very little reward. In fact I abhor all advertising, it's just that I really dislike putting the temptation to gamble into people's heads.

It looks retro like a jersey from the 1920's or something, quite like it.
At least there is no argument about the badge design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back