New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh.

Koeman had Southampton finishing 7th and 6th. With more points than Nuno Santo's Wolves.

We brought him in and had Koeman sacked a handful of league games the season after finishing 7th with Everton.

7th isn't worthwhile credentials.

We finished with 59 points last season, Nuno Santo never achieved any more than our 59 last season in the Prem with Wolves.

He finished on 45 points last season.

7th at lesser clubs shouldn't get you in the door, and it certainly won't save a manager from having the door hit them on the arse on the way out.

You have to hope the club can see something in him to go back in for him after he jibbed us when he had an easy gig in the Championship on the way to promotion. Hopefully something different to what they saw in Marco Silva when we went back to him.

I think @davek 's point here is that the past shouldn't really matter.

We had a brilliant world renowned manager who seemed to give up when he realized that improving our players was going to be a hard task. Sometimes you never know what will work and what wont. Ancelotti may have worked if he stayed but the signs were not great.

Aaron Little, General Manager

Willie Kirk, First Team Manager (pictured)

Chris Roberts, Assistant First Team Manager

Claire Ditchburn, First Team Coach

Ian McCaldon, Goalkeeping Coach

Chris Difford, Physical Performance Coach

Jack Clover, Sports Scientist

Lawrence Shamieh, Recruitment Analysis

Krzysztof Waloszczyk, Opposition Analysis

Connor Wagstaff, First Team Sports Therapist

Charlotte Doughty, First Team Physio

Emily Crook, Team Operations

Matthew Domville, Performance Psychologist

Unless that's wrong...that's the staff we currently have.

I can't see it just being keeping Big Dunc or not lol

Also...how much are Nuno's fellers wanting?

…not sure how this appointment impacts the Ladies team.

What the heck is going on? on Friday a lot of Journalist were making it sound like it was a done deal
To be fair, it was 1 Journalist (Dominic King) who claimed it was a done deal last Friday and then a bunch of others who repeated it with him being the source so it has actually only came from 1 Journo and he is already making excuses because his completed in 48 hours have well and truly passed.

We had a brilliant world renowned manager who seemed to give up when he realized that improving our players was going to be a hard task. Sometimes you never know what will work and what wont. Ancelotti may have worked if he stayed but the signs were not great.

yes, sometimes we don’t know what will work. But even the ‘pro Nuno’ brigade aren’t wildly excited. I’ve yet to see anyone say he’d be their first absolute first choice (he’s not even a clear leader when the contenders are Rafael, Allardyce and a head cold).

I wonder if Brands and Moshiri have been reading on here and seen where the Thought Leaders stand on this and are now reconsidering

Christ, no wonder it’s taking so long to sort the managerial position out if they’re putting together deals for Bielsa Rodgers and Potter in a managerial thruple.

Christ, no wonder it’s taking so long to sort the managerial position out if they’re putting together deals for Bielsa Rodgers and Potter in a managerial thruple.

I can't help it if Marcel Brands sees me as some sort of doyen

That is what I have taken from Carlo's tenure, the past means squat, it's what happens here that counts.

yes, sometimes we don’t know what will work. But even the ‘pro Nuno’ brigade aren’t wildly excited. I’ve yet to see anyone say he’d be their first absolute first choice (he’s not even a clear leader when the contenders are Rafael, Allardyce and a head cold).
Can you blame anyone for not getting excited by ANY appointment?

Even if we got Conte or Mancini...we just had Ancelotti...and he was turd.

Time is a strange thing too though. if this was last year he would be getting looked on much more favorably. People keep bringing up 7th place not being good enough but the real issue is the fact he struggled last season. after 2 fairly good seasons. Things can flip pretty quickly in football.

On paper pretty much any appointment after Ancelotti was going to feel a bit of a let down.

That is what I have taken from Carlo's tenure, the past means squat, it's what happens here that counts.

One of the worries about Ancelotti was that his experience didn't seem particularly relevant to the situation we were in. He had proven himself excellent at getting good players to get good results and it was alleged that he wasn't much of a "coach" at places like Bayern - the reported quotes of "just play" at Everton would lend credibility to that suspicion.

He had never really been in a "project" like the one we are where he needs to build a midtable team into a top 6 team. He took a midtable team and got them to finish midtable - Most would probably have argued that he needed time to build, which is fine (and I'd have agreed), but the point I'm making here is that it's all well and good going and getting someone who's won titles, but that isn't our actual remit right at this moment in time.

People need to stop thinking about the next appointment as someone who's going to take us from 10th to winning stuff. It would be nice, but what we really need for now is someone who can take us from 10th to European football in some form. Winning 3 Champions Leagues is not especially relevant experience to what we need right now. If we can find a coach to take the next step, I'm fine with binning them off for a more proven coach after that.

If Nuno could come in and get us into the top 7 for a couple of years, I'd be perfectly fine with that. I'd also be fine with the notion that he may have a ceiling and might need to be replaced for us to kick on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.