New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has done nothing in ten years.

- Won the Europa League with Chelsea.

- Won the Coppa Italia and SuperCoppa Italiana for the first time in 24 years with Napoli whilst taking them further in Europe than they had done for many years. Laid the foundations which they are still reaping the benefits from today.

- Won the championship with Newcastle at first time of asking. Established them as a Premier League side and laid the foundations for Steve Bruce to carry on the progress.

- Established Dalian as a Chinese Premier league side. Oversaw the development of their youth system and training facilities and sent over 20 Spanish coaches there to bring through the youth of the future. Remains an ambassador and advisor to the club.

Most of those apply to Nuno and he has half the CV Benitez has. Any manager we bring in will be lucky to last 18 months because the fans are angry and the contenders for the job are viewed as varying degrees of useless.

I'm not even saying I want Benitez; I'm saying he's not as bad as Nuno. The reality is the bar should be higher than both, but unfortunately the realistic candidate list is hopeless.
Well considering one is in his 60s and has managed numerous top clubs you'd expect that Jesus it's not comparing like with like is it. Anyway I'd have Nuno over Rafael...

- Won the Europa League with Chelsea.

- Won the Coppa Italia and SuperCoppa Italiana for the first time in 24 years with Napoli whilst taking them further in Europe than they had done for many years. Laid the foundations which they are still reaping the benefits from today.

- Won the championship with Newcastle at first time of asking. Established them as a Premier League side and laid the foundations for Steve Bruce to carry on the progress.

- Established Dalian as a Chinese Premier league side. Oversaw the development of their youth system and training facilities and sent over 20 Spanish coaches there to bring through the youth of the future. Remains an ambassador and advisor to the club.
Jesus mate are you his agent. He was a good manager WAS. But doesn't work in our model. His appointment would be a disaster.

On the plus side he can wait some tables if hospitality gets busy!
yeah, but you’d never be able to buy a pack of jaffa cakes mate, the shelves would be bare, it’d be like the great Bisto shortage when fat sam was in charge. Swerve, I need my orangey fix each day far more than I need a nice clean tablecloth!

Hopefully the talks have stalled like my mates Renault Clio did 10 years ago. I.e the head gasket has blown and the cylinders have decided to become birds.

Rene Artois-tez can gtf though.

So Jiminez, Jota, Netto, Patrice and Neves are junk Portuguese players, wow really and what did Benitez buy at Newcasle or hows he done in China for the last 2 years, when he decided to just take the coin ?

Let's look at the ones he's brought in lately. Fabio Silva, £30m, lanky streak of piss who wouldn't get a game in our reserves. Semedo, who has been, at best, 'hit and miss' and, again, cost nearly £30m, would struggle to get a game ahead of Coleman. Toti Gomes, whoever he is.

£60m+ last summer on basically nothing.

The Portuguese 'decent player' list only goes so far, it dried up quickly and Mendes needs to make his money off the also-rans now.

Thought Rafael did a good job at Newcastle with the dross he had & got the best out of the players he had, a bit like Moyes used to do, the difference being Rafael knows how to win big games. Never thought Carlo got the best out of what was available.

Would give Rafael a chance as long as he was Brands choice. A few good results & all would be well but if the results are poor the fans will have no patience. A difficult one if Brands thinks he’s the best available who is attainable.

I'll leave you to work that out.

You're being really obtuse about the flavour of the month phrase - it's quite clearly FOTM for the fans as we are discussing this in the context of a fans forum. Nuno by no means fits that description.

So you want some unknown quantity from Ulan Bator do you? So strange this kind of criticism. They have their list based on many criteria and it gets whittled down. It may have started with the fancy dans that you're pining for but for whatever reason, they weren't viable. This unfortunately leaves your line of criticism floundering because they did exactly what you wanted them to do. What then? Kidnap and torture to make Gallardo the next boss or you'll claim they've failed?

Oh and I, and many others, would disagree with your fundamental claim that Nuno is incompetent, he's far from that, so once again, your argument crumbles.

Youre calling top managers "fancy dans" and wanting Nuno?

The manager who had £300mil worth of talent through a super agent to finish below mid table after 4 seasons paying negative counter productive football.

Yes thats incompetent...

Wolves sacked him FFS

And I'm not willing to take responsibility for that.

I can't put it in clearer terms without being very patronising so have another read.

Heres your quote below...

Obviously I don't mean Nuno. How can he be flavour of the month if most fans don't want him?

I'm talking about Gallardo and Amorim who the vast majority of Evertonians know little about yet are clamouring for. They reek of Vitor Pereira for me.

And you've completely missed my point. They are good long term options IF they want to come and IF we can get them and are still risks especially if they can't even communicate in English. If we can't, then you can't criticise the club for them not coming. It's just the way it is.

Again, how is Vitor Pereira similar to those two managers?

Theres no similarlity whatsoever apart from them being foreign...or theyve not managed in England.

It doesnt matter if youve heard of these managers or not...you arent hiring the manager.

The club should be going for the best they can...these names should be on that list.

Nuno is on another list for incompetence under 'Sacked by Wolves'.

Big Galtier fan are you?. Always followed him and his work.
Not at all,
nonetheless he has won a second tier league and in doing so has beaten a team which would be one of the biggest and wealthiest in the world.... not just France.

He didn't just beat him in a one off cup final either but in a league where games are played over a sustained period .

From what I have seen and read about him he builds teams rather than buys team and has a decent history of developing young players. We now see that the team that won the league is basically being broken down into it's component parts and being sold across Europe so he probably doesn't want to start there again, but realistically no matter where you go in France you face that problem.

This is the model that Everton has no choice but to follow unless Usmanov suddenly decides to completely throw his lot in with Moshiri and go for broke.

Every single manager is a calculated risk....Nuno will be a risk, Conte would be a risk, Simeone would be a risk....all for different reasons.

I don't want him, but he'd be a better option than Nuno, where we'd have a bearded grump boring us to death while super agent Mendes is our defacto Director of Football signing over the odds Portuguese junk players.

I genuinely don't think he is though, certainly not in 2021.

Well considering one is in his 60s and has managed numerous top clubs you'd expect that Jesus it's not comparing like with like is it. Anyway I'd have Nuno over Rafael...

To me that's a reason to hire him.

There's only a 14 year age gap between Nuno and Rafael, it's not like we're comparing a teenager to a grown adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back